I found out why I was having so many problems with my newly traded for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

titancompu no está en línea Stack level 2

Broken USB Port

Advertisement

I found out why I was having so many problems with my newly traded for 8220. The USB Port that's used for charging and syncing has one of it's gold prongs bent up almost into the phone. Can this be repaired, and is there another way to sync the phone if it cant?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You can see if cnn.cn has that part for the 8220.
    I know they sell them for other models.

If not try BBRepair shop

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, this can be repaired at a cell phone repair shop. What state do you live in, if I may ask? I know of a place where you send in your phone and get that replaced. You will however, have to pay for your own shipping and handling charges. This place is in California and it's called AAA Cell Phone and iPod Repair. PM me if you would like their information.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by titancompu View Post
    I found out why I was having so many problems with my newly traded for 8220. The USB Port that's used for charging and syncing has one of it's gold prongs bent up almost into the phone. Can this be repaired, and is there another way to sync the phone if it cant?
    I don't believe there is another way to sync your phone with your computer. I have tried syncing some stuff via bluetooth (particularly movies and music), but that takes forever and a second. Therefore, without the USB port replaced/fixed, there is really no way to sync your phone. I would highly recommend taking it to a cell phone repair shop or mailing it to one to have it looked at. Some cell phone repair shops may take a look at your bb without charging you. From there, they would estimate how much the cost is and then give you a time frame in which it will be completed.

Just out of curiosity, since your USB port does not work, how are you charging your bb?