Well onto my 5th Pearl...keep having issues and this time I have taken care of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

theballerpho no está en línea Stack level 1

Broken Blackberry USB. HELP!!!

Advertisement

Well onto my 5th Pearl...keep having issues and this time I have taken care of this phone better than all the others, and she still bit me in the a$$. Hooked up the phone to the charger and after 45 minutes realized it wasn't charging. Switched chargers...same issue. Hooked it up to computer...no recognition.

Through my assessment it looks like the USB port is broken. Well new phone is in the mail but here is my question....How on earth will i do a device switch if I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone? Anything I can do? Please help stackers!

Thanks in Advance

djunohoo no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: Broken Blackberry USB. HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theballerpho View Post
    Well onto my 5th Pearl...keep having issues and this time I have taken care of this phone better than all the others, and she still bit me in the a$$. Hooked up the phone to the charger and after 45 minutes realized it wasn't charging. Switched chargers...same issue. Hooked it up to computer...no recognition.

Through my assessment it looks like the USB port is broken. Well new phone is in the mail but here is my question....How on earth will i do a device switch if I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone? Anything I can do? Please help stackers!

Thanks in Advance
    thats a very good question, do you have naything saved locally to the device? Like one thing you can do is if it is enterprise activated, wirelessly sync it with your outlook, switch to the new device, and pull the data back down. as far as pics and what nots saved locally, move them over to your sd card if you have one.

If you dont have one btw, you can get them dirt cheap on newegg, got my 2g one for 20 bux, kingston. Hope this helps or makes sense.

theballerpho no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Broken Blackberry USB. HELP!!!

BIS Activation. Any other options to wirelessly sync? I do have a memory card and moved everything over yesterday. This is very frustrating.

Any other options.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Broken Blackberry USB. HELP!!!

have you done any kind of backup on the broken blackberry? An old backup would be better than nothing . . . I feel for you!