I dropped my Blackberry Pearl and usually if the back piece comes off, it just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

caughron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EE8CAB

Broken back plate

Advertisement

I dropped my Blackberry Pearl and usually if the back piece comes off, it just snaps right back on, but this time the tab at the bottom of the plate broke off (the one that snaps/secures the plate onto the phone) and now the plate just slides right off.. Where can I order a new back plate for my blackberry pearl (i have cingular)?

thanks,
    gary

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

Re: Broken back plate

they only come in black and white though

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Is your Pearl still under warranty? Did you buy insurance on the phone? If not then i'm sure that you can buy a replacement battery cover from AT&T. If AT&T does not have them then you can try going to "everything blackberry" which is an aftermarket site and they cost about $12. Hope this helps

sliptech no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the exact same problem, the clip that holds my back plate in is broken. is there anywhere i can get just the chrome clip that holds the back plate in place?

sliptech no está en línea Stack level 2

update: i got a replacement Pearl from T-Mobile for the broken latch (manufacturer's defect) under warranty. good luck

PIN/ID
    23EE8CAB

thanks for the help so far everyone..

i noticed the 'chrome' piece at the bottom isn't even there any more, i looked on everythingberry's website and noticed that chrome piece doesn't come with the cover, so I guess i actually need to get one of those hopefully its covered under warranty..

no i don't have insurance on it they told me i cant get insurance on it through cingular, you have to put it on your 'house' insurance.. my deductable is 500 bucks for house insurance so it would be stupid to put it on

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This exact thing happened to me. I told them about it, they're shipping out a new phone for me. It's currently duct taped to my blackberry ^^.

PIN/ID
    23EE8CAB

well i stopped by cingular/at&t today and the lady told me she can't do anything to help me.. i have to get in contact with blackberry to find out what can be done - problem is, i can't seem to find a phone number for blackberry at all on their website, what is it?

thanks