It's getting more and more that I'm not using my Ipod or any other device ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Bringin' the sound out of the Pearl

Advertisement

It's getting more and more that I'm not using my Ipod or any other device anymore since I got my Pearl. Needless to say, I've been more than pleased with it. I'm wondering for those that are reading this, is there a way to connect exernal speakers to the Pearl. For instance, I have the BOSE speaker that the Ipod just docks into.. is there any way to connect the Pearl to these speakers?? I'm thinking about selling the Ipod and using the cash for some other needed things.. If nobody has anything on this....well, no biggie.. I just figured I would ask.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: Bringin' the sound out of the Pearl

I'm not sure about something that docks to an IPod, I have hooked my pearl up to my computer sound system via adapter
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

What kind of adaptor are you using? I actually have another sound system that has a sub and everything from Altec Lansing that I don't use.. I could possibly set that up and use that to plug the pearl into?? Let me know what you think.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Seidio sells one for $10 plus shipping. That's about it. Don't use on from Radioshack. It won't work. It has to have 3 black rings on the plug, not 2.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you serious? The UI on the Pearl player totally sucks. In addition, it's SLOW - there's a major lag between changing up songs. On top of that, the song names don't show up in the song listing, only when it's being played.

Too bad that iPhone doesn't have all the BB functionality, is available with a hard drive (or some crazy 40GB flash memory) and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    It's getting more and more that I'm not using my Ipod or any other device anymore since I got my Pearl. Needless to say, I've been more than pleased with it. I'm wondering for those that are reading this, is there a way to connect exernal speakers to the Pearl. For instance, I have the BOSE speaker that the Ipod just docks into.. is there any way to connect the Pearl to these speakers?? I'm thinking about selling the Ipod and using the cash for some other needed things.. If nobody has anything on this....well, no biggie.. I just figured I would ask.
    pin or email if ur serious about selling ur ipod! i can pay asap vie paypal!

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

i have my pearl set up in my car through the aux input on my pioneer reciever

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

I picked up this funky radioshack mini-transmitter. the quality's bleh but it transmits to any nearby FM radio on 88.7 and 106.5, also extending the speakerphone capability of my pearl as well. Kind of neat accessory for only $10usd.

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

mine sounds good i have it har wired into my stero reciever in my car

camiiseta no está en línea Stack level 2

Pretty sure on the back of your BOSE it should have an AUX input. So get an adapter like TheBigNewt said. (I actually work at Radioshack). And get a headphone to headphone(1/8" to 1/8") wire and hook it up!