Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mr. Brilliant (that's me!) decided today to start removing apps to increase memory for e-mail ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rufus116 no está en línea Stack level 1

Boy have I hosed up my BB Pearl...

Advertisement

Mr. Brilliant (that's me!) decided today to start removing apps to increase memory for e-mail usage.

I used the device app remover itself to remove most of the language support and a mapping/routing app I downloaded, and all of that worked fairly well.

So later I decided to use the app loader in the desktop software to remove the mpeg movie that is default in memory to clear additional space. I got an error message on cold boot which was frustrating me, so I re-connected to app loader and I made the mistake of checking "re-load applications" or something similar. It locked up in this process of re-loading all apps. I had to disconnect and re-connect the device, which caused the app loader re-load at least some of the software, losing most of my configuration. I was unable to access mail.

Of course, I'm using BB Enterprise server at work meaning that I had to call my IT department to help me get re-connected to my mail server. We did get this accomplished, but now I have a whole host of problems, as follows:

• I have no desktop icon for my personal mail (Yahoo), but it's showing up anyway in my inbox when mail arrives. But, I've lost my option to choose between "delete on handheld", delete on mail server, or both.
    • I have no web browser icon and no way to access the web
    • I can't open up any pictures taken on the BB but I can select them as desktop wallpaper.
    OK, enough whining. My question is, how do I COMPLETELY RE-WRITE all software on the BB and get it back to brand-new condition reliably, so that when my IT group helps me one more time to get tied to the enterprise server I can be assured that I'll be on the road to recovery?

Yes, I've read how to remove the desktop software and clear the registry, but I haven't found how to completely wipe the memory clean on the BB.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

G - stupid and knows it

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: Boy have I hosed up my BB Pearl...

If you have Desktop Manager and the current Handheld software for your device, loaded on your Laptop/Desktop, then you should be able to use App Loader to Erase all Applications and Application Data, then reload the device.

After that, your IT dept. should be able to provision your device back on to BES.

Do a Register Now under Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing table which should bring down an Internet Browser and Email Settings Icon.

Using the Email Settings icon, You can then repush your Service books to your device for your personal email. (I have only done this with a Verizon device. Not sure if the Pearl sets up Personal BIS email the same way) I am sure somebody else can elaborate on this.

This is more or less what I would do for a Verizon device.

Good Luck

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yep ^^ what rich says

the only other thing i could add is to wipe it from the handheld. this will put it back to factory settings.

options/security options/general settings
    click menu/choose wipe handheld

for an OS reload, here are detailed instructions:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    yep ^^ what rich says

the only other thing i could add is to wipe it from the handheld. this will put it back to factory settings.

options/security options/general settings
    click menu/choose wipe handheld
    So, will using the "wipe" feature reset the software and delete my registration key with BB enterprise server, or just re-install all of the language features and change all settings back to default?

Thanks for the great tips guys!

RayB1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I basically have the same problem, in fact I noticed a post earlier today that was exactly my deal...bought a pearl from cingular, worked great right out of the box, soon I received the registry error on cold boot, went back to cingular, they gave me a new pearl, then I noticed when I hooked up to Desktop manager, the error returned, I am now missing some functionality and icons and I get the registry error on the phone.

I tried reinstalling the software on the disk that came in the box, but that did not fix the problm. I downloaded what appeared to be the latest Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com and installed. The downloaded software tells me that "the Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device" I got.

I tried following evryone's instructions. What do I do now. All I want is the software to work like it did when I got the thing. I wish I never hooked it up to the Deskop Manager!

Help

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by RayB1
    I basically have the same problem, in fact I noticed a post earlier today that was exactly my deal...bought a pearl from cingular, worked great right out of the box, soon I received the registry error on cold boot, went back to cingular, they gave me a new pearl, then I noticed when I hooed up to Desktop manager, the error returned, I am now missing some functionality and icons.

I tied reinstalling the software on the disk that came in the box, but that did not fix the problm. I downloaded latest Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com and installed. The downloaded software tells me that "the Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device" I got.

I tried following evryone's instructions. What do I do now. All I want id the software to work like it did when I got the thing. I wish I never hooked it up tot he Deskop Manager!

Help
    Check this thread.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post281001

All you really need to do is get the latest OS for your phone. You can get Cingulars .73 or Rogers 1.94. Install that to your PC then plug in your BB and upgrade your BB. Post back if you need help. Also there's a How to upgrade in my signature.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey, if you aren't able or aren't concerned with backing up then you will need to download the lates Device Software from your providers site which you can find @ blackberry.com

After you download that then just do a security wipe on your BB, run the Device Software installer (it will be on your computer) and then connect the BB and run app loader, it should do another wipe then reinstall everything

Then tell it to register on the network and next push your service books

That should get you up and running

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file if using the Rogers 1.66 OS.

call me stupid....but
    How do I know which OS to download from the internt. I tried:
    ------BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English)
    when I launched this progrm it said it was the wrong sftware for my device
    ------BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.89 (Multilanguage)
    this said it could not find my device

So which specific program do I download.
    I have a red blackberry pearl from cingular that I received two weeks ago.

The error is
    ApplicationRegistry.
    waitfor
    (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout

And by the way, as popular as this error is, why can not I find guidance on the Blackberry.com site?
    Last edited by RayB1; 05-28-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by RayB1
    cal me stupid....but
    How do I know which OS to download from the internt. I tried:
    ------BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English)
    when I launched this progrm it said it was the wrong sftware for my device
    ------BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.89 (Multilanguage)
    this said it could not find my device

So which specific program do I download.
    I have a red blackberry pearl from cingular that I received two weeks ago.

The error is
    ApplicationRegistry.
    waitfor
    (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout

And by the way, as popular as this error is, why can not I find guidance on the Blackberry.com site?
    Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.
    Cingular Red Pearl is 4.2.0.73 and the link for Cingulars Download sites is HERE

As to info on the Blackberry Site, it's probably because you searched for ApplicationRegistry.waitfor (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout and not for +ApplicationRegistry.waitfor +timeout. The numbers between the parentheses are different for each instance. There is a KB entry for this error.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

diplomattm no está en línea Stack level 1

HELLO, I have a PEARL that I loaded POCKETDAY onto. Even tho I used it on my 7105, for some reason it cratered and didn't work on my 8100, so I removed it (supposedly) by using POCKETMAC for Blackbery. IT LEFT the ICON on the Applications page, and it left the menuing (Pocketday shows at the top of each menu when accessed for action). HOW DO I REMOVE THE ICON from the application page; and is there a way to delete Pocketday from the menuing. I can't find any trace of Pocketday in the list of Applications in the Advanced section tree.
    HELP (or do I have to totally wipe and reboot?) By the way, I can't seem to find that option. I have TMOBILE.

Back to the application registry error...
    Thank you RCBjr and everyone else who were patient with me. While navigating I finally got it to work. When selecting which software to download, I am still overwhlemed with the number of program that are downloadable and which one to choose. I chose wrong of course, but I finally chose the right one. Why do they gove me so many choices when clearly most are not what I need. Anyway, if anyone reads this, and you foolw the instructions from two posts above, when it comes time to choose a software download, and you have the application registry error and a few icons missing on your BB, you need to choose the latest BB Desktop software. You have to go through your carrier's web site. Do not go straight to BB on the web. The software will not work unless you go through the carrier. Ignore all of the handheld model software. Ignore the enterprise software. Ignore older Desktop Manager software.

RayB1,

I'm glad that you got your issues worked out. I haven't checked this thread in a couple of days, but I could have given you some advice had I jumped in earlier.

I solved my problems by calling Cingular on Saturday evening and discussing with them. They had me do the following:

1) Uninstall Desktop Manager v4.2
    2) Download and install Desktop Manager v4.2 SP2 and then close it.
    3) Download and Install a new OS for the BB Pearl (from Cingular website, for Red Pearl and Maine Slate Pearl, v4.2.0.73)https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    4) Plug in the BB Pearl to load the new OS.

Here are the detailed instructions below, cut and pasted from an e-mail from Cingular Customer Service. Hopefully this may help someone else in the future. I have added a couple of clarifying comments, in parentheses.

A couple of closing comments. They had me skip steps 11 and 19 since I didn't have any data to speak of on my BB Pearl. I didn't lose my BB enterprise server settings when I did this procedure, and my contacts were in Outlook so these were reloaded as well.

Best of luck to those of you trying to fix this issue. It worked like a charm for me.

rufus116

============================================

The following is a Cingular ATG(R) eServer solution:

ID: KB58124

Goal Installing or upgrading BlackBerry Handheld Software

Goal Installing BlackBerry Handheld Software

Goal Upgrading BlackBerry Handheld Software

Fact BlackBerry Handheld Software

Fix
    Prerequisites:
    Installing BlackBerry Handheld Software:
    1. Go to http://www.cingular.com/bbdownloads and follow the on-screen instructions for software download. (for your Pearl OS, mine was 4.2.0.73)
    2. Go to, and open the folder where you downloaded the "Handheld Software" software on your PC.
    3. Double click on the file.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions for installation and configuration of the "BlackBerry HandHeld" software.
    5. The InstallShield Wizard screen will appear, click Next to begin.
    6. Select the desired language from the drop down list and click Next.
    7. Select the radio button for "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click Next.
    8. Once the installation is finished uncheck box for "Yes, I want to start the Desktop Manager Software" and click Finish.
    9. Connect the RIM BlackBerry handheld to the desktop computer via cradle/USB.
    10. Open the Desktop Manager software.
      • IMPORTANT: If the software offers to automatically upgrade the device, click Cancel.
    11. Manually back up the data on the device.
    12. Access Application Loader and follow the on-screen instructions for software install.
    13. The Application Loader Wizard screen will appear, click Next to begin.

14. A list of default applications to be installed will appear, click Next.
    15. Select the radio button for "Do not automatically back up and restore..." and click Next.

16. To start the software loading process to the handheld, click Finish.

NOTE: If reloading handheld software due to an operating system issue, click Advanced and select "Erase all application data" and "Erase all currently installed applications".
    17. The Application Loader Wizard will update the handheld.
    18. A confirmation window will appear indicating a successful update.
    19. Once the installation is finished manually restore the data to the device.

bernylr no está en línea Stack level 1

Still having problems with this issue...anyone can help me please?

Hi, I got the same ApplicationRegistry.waitfor(0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout problem, i downloaded the rogers os and installed it, yet when i choose to install it the option for browser and telephone appear in grey and after installing it, it still appears the problem and the icons for browsers are not available... any suggestions??
    thanks!

Famous3Warriors no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402a5d8

RayB1, Thank you for the information that you provided. I had the same problem and no one could help until I discover this link. I was given two phones because of the ApplicationRegistry problem and I was on my third phone. I did exactly what you said to do and It worked perfectly and man I am enjoying my phone. Thanks once again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast