Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am very OCD when it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Bowed Battery Cover

Advertisement

Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am very OCD when it comes to my electronics but before I find an excuse to exchange my "precious" for another unit I wanted to find out if anyone else's battery covered is "bowed" in the middle like mine.

The edges in the center of the phone are raised above the back of the phone casing. When I hold the device with both hands to type I can feel the back of the phone flex in and out.

Before I take it back only to find that this is common on all units, I wanted to touch base with you guys. Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

EH

harryheat2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Bowed Battery Cover

Same problem here also was thinking maybe a metal back might solve this problem .I think that RIM should address this.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

same here-I returned my first pearl (for an equally ocd problem-dust under the case on top of the screen) same thing with my new one-I thin it's a design issue-

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am very OCD when it comes to my electronics but before I find an excuse to exchange my "precious" for another unit I wanted to find out if anyone else's battery covered is "bowed" in the middle like mine.

The edges in the center of the phone are raised above the back of the phone casing. When I hold the device with both hands to type I can feel the back of the phone flex in and out.

Before I take it back only to find that this is common on all units, I wanted to touch base with you guys. Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

EH
    There's a little foam pad in the middle of the cover, is this causing a problem, possibly pushing up the cover in the middle?

Also, the cover slides into "railings" and it is easy to think the rails mated with the slots on the phone. If not seated properly, the cover looks like it is in place, but it will be bowed in the middle.

May not be the problem, but on mine I noticed I had not properly seated the cover and it had that bowed look.

ts
    ts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0A32

i added a neatly placed guitar pick so as to not feel the flex

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here, it's the only part of the phone that is "flimsy" and it is annoying. It's not a deal breaker for me though.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No problem here. I did have this problem with my 8700 though. Just a problem with thin plastic. Its not always consistent.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Mine is firm and solid, even when I press on it. Does not seem flimsy at all.

If I press on either side of the edge of the cover there is a little give, but certainly not enough to opine the cover is thin and cheaply made.

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2

My cover does not stay on, little flap no sticky, I'm returning mine for new one.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My battery cover does give a little, Its no biggie, there is no indentation, or showing of any other
    defects.

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had to press the metal latch while sliding the door in. Otherwise I can slide the door off w/o pressing on the latch.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Thank goodness no issues here. I have noticed that when mine was bowed, I just didn't have the battery door seated properly.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Well, once again OCD wins the day. I did exchange my Pearl hoping that the new one would not be bowed and BEHOLD, I lucked out. The back cover is sitting nice and flush with the back sides of the device now... whew... now I can sleep again...
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine is slightly bowed tried reseating, didn't help o well its slightly doesn't bug me