maybe i am missing something on these threads. i am very new to blackberry, so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lilme08 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bored with Pearl 8110! Please Help

Advertisement

maybe i am missing something on these threads. i am very new to blackberry, so a lot of the talk is going over my head. what can i do to spice up my life with blackberry? a lot of things i am not sure how to download so that may very well be a problem. Please help.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    First question (very important)....Do you have a "Data Plan"??

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Yep if you don't have a data plan you need to get one that is the only way to own a BB!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!
    Take your BB out to dinner, and clothes shopping, then try role playing, you be the BB and BB be you, that should spice things up a bit... But seriously.. I find solace in personalization. Learn how to do the simple things, themes, ringtones, and the thirst for MORE MORE MORE!!! will lead you to addiction!!!
    "The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they will be when you kill them"

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    If you need help with getting setup on the BB.Id be more then willing to help ..Converting one Soul at a time is my job.
    Send me a Pin if you need anything.

yes i have a data plan. i guess my main problem is downloading different things. dont understand alot of it. i just took the bb out to lunch today. i have a memory card. dont know what to download and then what it is for. and please do not say anything about viigo. dont like it. to torturednacho i would like to take you up on your offer, but i would prefer post or pm over pin

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well...you have a data plan, that's the most important!! now your options are endless!!

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Wow, I don't want to sound harsh here but it sounds like perhaps the Blackberry is over your head. You say that you are lost with all of the "talk" in this forum. Apparently, you don't like to read. That's REALLY how you learn about the many things your phone can do, by all the people here and on other forums who've had Blackberry's before you. I really can't understand how you can be bored with your smartphone in a little over 2 weeks. I'm of course assuming you've had your phone this long being that's when you joined this forum. You say you have the data plan but yet is unwilling to use PIN over a post or PM. You don't like Viigo??? Why, because you have to read?? It just sounds like you want a lot of things but don't want to take the time to learn them and that's why I say that the Blackberry may be over your head. It's not a phone to just turn on....it's much more than that. Perhaps you just should search for another phone that's not a Blackberry......

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Shame on you! How can you get bored of your bb? What do you wanna do with it? Watch vids? Play games? Read blogs? Check stock? Check out Eurocup scores? Calendar syncing? Play Mario Bros on it? So many things you can do on a bb. You sir with all due respect are blasphemist

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Install the following app's and toy around with them a bit until you are comfortable:

Gmail
    Opera Mini
    Google Maps
    bPhone - iphone blackberry theme
    A few games like Hangman/Pacman

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Wow, I don't want to sound harsh here but it sounds like perhaps the Blackberry is over your head. You say that you are lost with all of the "talk" in this forum. Apparently, you don't like to read. That's REALLY how you learn about the many things your phone can do, by all the people here and on other forums who've had Blackberry's before you. I really can't understand how you can be bored with your smartphone in a little over 2 weeks. I'm of course assuming you've had your phone this long being that's when you joined this forum. You say you have the data plan but yet is unwilling to use PIN over a post or PM. You don't like Viigo??? Why, because you have to read?? It just sounds like you want a lot of things but don't want to take the time to learn them and that's why I say that the Blackberry may be over your head. It's not a phone to just turn on....it's much more than that. Perhaps you just should search for another phone that's not a Blackberry......

ok so dont let me sound harsh either. yes i do read and i am learning, but do not expect me to turn the phone on and know everything there is to know about the blackberry. i am in the beginning stages of learning a blackberry. no i do not need another phone i selected the one that i wanted. there are a few things that i dont understand and apparently i am not the only one or this site would not be filled with questions or comments. if i dont like viigo, i just dont like it. was not a use to me. dont question me. i said post incase someone else wanted to know how to do the same thing smart a**. trust it is not over my head, just want to learn new things to with the blackberry. do not come at me like this again. you were once a beginner yourself, remember that.

to all others thank your for your suggestions. that is all i was asking for. not only did you READ what was typed, but understood what i was asking. that goes a long way.

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hehe oh the internetz...

Here's a few apps. I am running and can't seem to live without. Do a search for them if your interested:

GoogleMaps
    Espn
    WeatherEye
    ColorPearl
    BlinkBerry
    Facebook
    OperaMini
    PacMan

I really just suggest trying out all the themes, games, and apps you can find. You will become more familiar with your own blackberry and what you really desire out of it. Addiction then follows.