i just bought an unblocked blackberry 8100 and everything works fine except that i can't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chelseam7326 no está en línea Stack level 1

bluetooth won't work

Advertisement

i just bought an unblocked blackberry 8100 and everything works fine except that i can't get my bluetooth to work i can't transfer ringtones and pictures from my old phone or from my friends phones on to this one. i'm a customer of AT&T (cingular) and when i bought the phone from e-bay they said that it was compatable with t-mobile and cingular. when i try to transfer ringtones and pictures to the 8100, the window says service can't be supported. can anyone help me with this problem. i really don't want to send the phone back because i like it

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Are you sure there are no copyright issues. Some ringtones are not transferable to other devices when they are purchased on a solely for a certain device. I have seen this issue before with a friends pearl. I ended up hooking her up with a memory card so she could get music. A lot of songs are copyright protected these days when you purchase them on your phone that will keep you from transferring the files.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    chelseam7326....Are you trying to transfer correctly?
    I had this issue, and it was because I wasn't transferring them correctly.

Not sure if you've never done it before, or have tried, but it's worth a shot (on my part).
    But you must go to: ex Media>Pictures>Menu>Receive using Bluetooth

the ringtones and pictures from my old phone were given to me by my friends. all they did was put the two phones next to each other and transfered them from her phone to mine all i want to do is transfer them from my old phone to my new one but i can't. the new phone says service is not supported. i don't understand

hey beeshabo, thanks. i don't know because i bought the phone for my niece and she's not here right now. i'll have to ask her. she seems pretty knowledgeable, you know how smart these kids are now adays, but it's worth a try. she really likes the phone but if she can't transfer ringtones and pictures with her friends then it's not worth keeping. i'm hoping that someone out there can help me out and get this thing working

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    One thing you might want to try is when some one is sending you a picture, for example, before they send it you need to go to your media files, When there open up the place where you want it save, such as device memory folder. When you open that folder hit the options button and select the option, receive using bluetooth. Your phone will say "waiting for file transfer". The have the sender, send the file over to you.

Also, what type of files are they? Make sure that they are supported media types.
    Here is Blackberry's How To

PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    Just got this off Blackberry's website.
    Here are supported files
    Audio-Support for MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC and AMR audio formats with support for routing audio playback to the external speaker, connected headset and Bluetooth® headset

Quote Originally Posted by chelseam7326 View Post
    hey beeshabo, thanks. i don't know because i bought the phone for my niece and she's not here right now. i'll have to ask her. she seems pretty knowledgeable, you know how smart these kids are now adays, but it's worth a try. she really likes the phone but if she can't transfer ringtones and pictures with her friends then it's not worth keeping. i'm hoping that someone out there can help me out and get this thing working
    Well usually that's the case,
    My post should help if in fact that is the issue, but just a reminder...NOT ALL BLUETOOTH Phone's are compatible. As I've ran into plenty of phones that I cannot send files to (jpg's, gif's, MP3's etc etc), I've heard that it also depends on the carrier (not sure if it's true though), but give that a shot...it may help (hopefully!)

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    chelseam7326....Are you trying to transfer correctly?
    I had this issue, and it was because I wasn't transferring them correctly.

Not sure if you've never done it before, or have tried, but it's worth a shot (on my part).
    But you must go to: ex Media>Pictures>Menu>Receive using Bluetooth

thestewside...I suggest that already Lol

PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    My, bad. I was looking at the thread on my phone then switched to PC, never updated my phone browser. Chelseam7326, listen to beeshabo!

Lol...just pulling your leg stew!! it's all good, we're all here to help anyway right!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    actually a lot of carriers disable bluetooth transfers and only allow for certain service to be installed for bluetooth use on your device. call your carrier and find out