Is there a way to get my Pearl 8100 to play music files on my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rob360 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth Stereo Headset

Advertisement

Is there a way to get my Pearl 8100 to play music files on my bluetooth headset? I can pair it up fine, but the music will not play threw them. Can anyone help?

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Headset

I dont think so. On my headset you have to activate the headset by tapping the button and using voice dialing. Check your headset's instructions. Maybe there is some 3rd party application that will allow this.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

im not sure id the 8100 supports a2dp but you will need a stereo bluetooth headset(a2dp) to stream music tfrom your berry to the headphones.....regular bluetooth headsets will not work for music....hope this helps

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

according to RIM

What is Bluetooth Stereo Audio Profile support

Doc ID : KB13930
    Last Modified : 2007-08-02
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2.2
    • Supported Bluetooth® enabled headsets

Details

The Bluetooth Stereo Audio Profile is supported in BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2. BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 or earlier do not support this feature. For more information on BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 or later see KB04195.
    Note: A BlackBerry device user may successfully pair with a Bluetooth enabled headset if the BlackBerry device is running BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1; however, the music audio is unable to be heard on the headset and comes out through the speakerphone.

Additional Information

Current supported Bluetooth enabled headsets include offerings from Plantronics® and Jabra®.

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    im not sure id the 8100 supports a2dp but you will need a stereo bluetooth headset(a2dp) to stream music tfrom your berry to the headphones.....regular bluetooth headsets will not work for music....
    The 8100 Pearl does "NOT" support A2DP at this time.

We are all waiting for the next OS, Version 4.3 that will include A2DP (Stereo BT) support. The 8820 & 8830 from the 8800 series and the 8120 & 8130 from the Pearl 8100 series do support A2DP and Stereo BT today, but not the original Pearl 8100 unless you've got a (closed beta) version of OS 4.3.

OS 4.3 will also support microSD cards larger than 4GB... like the 6gb & 8gb cards now available.

/BD

clary33 no está en línea Stack level 3

the onli way it worked for me was wen i played a song and made a phone call and hung up quick i think
    ~ Clary~

*Live, Love, Laugh*

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by clary33 View Post
    the onli way it worked for me was wen i played a song and made a phone call and hung up quick i think
    Yup you can at times trick it to play through the BT on the BB.

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

8130 supports ad2p but you have to have a headset that supports it also.

PPonU4Me no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2195ec47

download xPlayer and go into the settings>select audio path>bluetooth and it should work fine, works fine for me atleast.

hspb no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a stereo bluetooth headset w/built in mic from IOGEAR GBMH211W6 found at iogear(DOT)com/product/GBMH211W6/. (sorry for (DOT) in address, i'm not a level 2 member and will not let me post regular addresses.) I was quite frustrated with this because i couldn't get it to work with my BB Pearl 8100. I finally downloaded xPlayer, played around with it for a while and changed some settings. after saving settings, i got the stereo headset to WORK!! You don't have to make a phone call and hang up. Turn on your bluetooth headset (making sure it pares up to your phone). Once you have xPlayer loaded on your phone, open it up and push your blackberry button. in the list you can add your songs, but scroll down to settings and click, scroll down to " Select Audio Path" and click to change it to Bluetooth and click to confirm. then press the back button and it will ask you if you want to save. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE SETTINGS, or it will not work. once you are back in the main screen, where your music is, start playing music and it should pay through your ear piece or headphones. xPlayer is a GREAT program, one just has to learn how to use it, just click blackberry button, one you have opened xPlayer, and from there everything is pretty self explanatory. There is also a website that sells microSD cards for CHEAP!! they have other items for BB that you all might want to check out. take a look at dz-tech(DOT)com, look for RIM BB on left side. They don't have a large selection, but they have a 4GB card, that works in my phone for ONLY $34.99, screen protectors for only $1.50, car chargers for $1.95/ea, cases starting at $1.95 and a few other things. I'm not sure if the cases but your phone in sleep mode, i got my case from where i got my phone. the charger, screen protector and card works because i'm currently using them. Take a look and ENJOY!
    Last edited by hspb; 02-16-2008 at 02:33 PM.