Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the 1st generation BB Pearl, I was just intrested in the software I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ricksticks no está en línea Stack level 1

bluetooth spyware??

Advertisement

I have the 1st generation BB Pearl, I was just intrested in the software I have seen on line for Bluetooth spyware. This caught my eye as a worried parent with teens and what they are up to. I ordered the software and downloaded it but cant get it working . Anyone familiar with this kind of stuff and able to tell how to get it working? I was able to convert the ZIP file to JAR and then to JAD and finally to ALX+COD. I downlaoded to my phone with desk top manager and its there but does not work just show and error. Anyone advise where this kind of software is available that does work on the BB Pearl.

Thks.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Wow I first thought that this was like actual spyware that was going around on blackberries.

Well first off I think you should talk to your child about these kinds of things. That's always a good starting point.

Onto Bluetooth, it requires both parties (sender and reciever) to physically allow the connection to be established. Bluetooth can be used to transfer pictures, ringtones, music tracks, videos, and other files wirelessly (at no charge). If you think that your child has something inappropriate, do a surprise search. Tell them to hand over the phone and disable any passwords.

If they refuse, disable their phone. You're paying for it after all.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    What kind of software is it? Is it specifically for the Blackberry or just a Java app? Have you tried just to install the JAD over the air?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Oh yeah by the way I don't think java apps will auto-start.

Not entirely sure but I could be wrong.

bluetooth spyware

I have tried the sneak a peek thing and obvious I have out right asked them and talked with them, but still would like to try this spy ware program out. When I downloaded it it came in several different file types after ZIPPINg them I had JAD,JAR.SIS and RAR. I was able to convert JAR to JAD and them to ALX but when i used blackberry mensenger to add to my phone it would not work. It shows an icon on the hard drive but when clicked on it comes up on error. The instruction state the files cannot be installed over the air must you cable!

Can anyone help with this. has anyone heard or know anyone that has used this type of thing?

Thks all for you help.

RS

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is this software you speak of? It is meant to allow you to spy on your kids phone? Using bluetooth or something? You realize that bluetooth has an effective range of only about 30 meters. So you wont be spying on them when they are at school, unless the software uploads information wirelessley or something.

Regardless, I think you should try using the appload with Desktop Manager to install this on the phone, instead of trying to do it OTA with Blackberry Messenger.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Check out Slashdot. In the Land of Surveillance, AKA Great Britain, they may soon be snooping on ALL Bluetooth connections...

[It only takes a hardware upgrade; after all, there IS a snoop cam within 50 feet of ANY Briton ]

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I think you are talking about super Bluetooth hack or something similar, and let me tell you it won't work.

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've tried the super bluetooth hack program on a sony ericsson, and it worked for many things. It was hard getting to read the SMS messages. You could just contact your service provider, and they will show you what they are doing on your phone. Or atleast thats what I have heard.

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    What about trusting that you've taught your kids well and that they'll make mature, responsible decisions?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.sn View Post
    What about trusting that you've taught your kids well and that they'll make mature, responsible decisions?
    I agree -- that is what I do with my daughter. She is not in a hurry to "grow up" -- there is all the time in the world for her to explore the adult world, if she wants to, when she gets to be an adult.

thks!

kashief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E72A2F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the more u snoop, the worse u make the whole situation. If u do things like this, ur kids won't ever trust u. In rare case, maybe even begin to hate u. Never spy on ur kids, its wrong, they may even grow up having trust issues. It may seem like a small thing but these types of issues have an effect on every aspect of a person's life. But anyway, about the app, it seems to me that u are S.O.L. lol

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    The Bluetooth's security on BB will not let you use these Bluetooth hack/spyware programs.

mickada no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksticks View Post
    I have the 1st generation BB Pearl, I was just intrested in the software I have seen on line for Bluetooth spyware. This caught my eye as a worried parent with teens and what they are up to. I ordered the software and downloaded it but cant get it working . Anyone familiar with this kind of stuff and able to tell how to get it working? I was able to convert the ZIP file to JAR and then to JAD and finally to ALX+COD. I downlaoded to my phone with desk top manager and its there but does not work just show and error. Anyone advise where this kind of software is available that does work on the BB Pearl.

Thks.
    I have the same software. I was able to download it to my phone as a jar and jad file but every time I try to download it from the phone it gives me and error message 907 invalid jar. How did u convert you jar and jad files to alx? I think if I can download the spyware if I change it to alx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast