Hello all, I searched the forums and see many have had the issue with Voice ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gadget Guy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth Profiles/Issues with Voice Dialing

Advertisement

Hello all,

I searched the forums and see many have had the issue with Voice Dial hanging on the initializing screen (as I have, which I also found that pulling the battery resolved the issue).

However, this week I have a new issue - I have a Plantronics Explorer 350 BT headset and it used to pair using the Handsfree profile. When I pushed the button on the headset, it would initiate Voice Dial. Now, when it pairs, it uses the Headset profile and pressing the button redials the last # called.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? I have connected with both RIM and Plantronics and they point the finger at each other.

TIA,

GG

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Is your headset the only BT device paired w/your BB?

Yes,

I had 2 devices listed, only 1 paired at a time. I have deleted both and have repaired just the Plantronics headset.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I would suggest always keeping you #1 BT device on the top...you said you've already re-paired device, is it responding like it should? Always make sure devices are atleast 18" apart, or less, when pairing. Sometimes after pairing and verifing the device, it is good to reset your BB via battery pull.

Thanks for the replys - I appreciate the help with this.

Yep, have removed all, repaired the one device (do not need the other one for a few more weeks when I get the bike out) and have reset.

The headset works fine, but the behaviour has changed - rather than initiating Voice Dial, the button on the headset redials the last # called (it will do Voice Dial, just not initiate it). I am guessing it is a profile thing as that is the only thing I see that has changed - but I am not sure why it has, or how I get it back.
    Last edited by Gadget Guy; 04-16-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Editted to add comment