ok i can seem to pair my phone up but the problem is when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ant1985 no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth probs

Advertisement

ok i can seem to pair my phone up but the problem is when i try and send or receive a file i come up send failed.

any ideas my dads blackberry does the same it dont seem to receive

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Bluetooth probs

Yeah a lot of people has this issue. When sending a file first you have to connect to the othre device like you would a headset. After go to your media section and pull up the menu and choose send using bluetooth. Then choose the device you want to connect to.

When it comes to receiving media. Same thing. First connect to the other device like you were setting up a headset. Then go to your media section and go to the appropiate folder. Music/ringtones/pictures and the press menu and receive using bluetooth and that's when the other party sends whatever they are sending.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

1. say you leave your BT on all the time, i know it's not optimal, and a friend wants to send you an mp3 and you're not around that person. you never even get a prompt that tells you someone is trying to send you something via BT so how do you know to accept? i like how my old motorola worked. it gave me a popup that said so and so is trying to send me x, accept or decline.

2. crap, there was a 2. now what was it??

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

it usually does tell you that someone is tryin to send you a file.. the only way it doesnt tell you is when you have already checked the little box that says to trust and to not ask again from this user..
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

It won't allow you to do that actually. Its for security purposes. Blackberry devices are probably the most secure device out there. They don't want it to connect so easily because then that leavea you open to hackers.

I know with my samsung t809 I could connect to someone elses phone and I could copy all their media. Nudie pics. Pics of family and friends ringtones music and videos. Without them knowing. So if that was the case with the blackberry than imagine what kind of top secret info hackers could get from these devices. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO
    it usually does tell you that someone is tryin to send you a file.. the only way it doesnt tell you is when you have already checked the little box that says to trust and to not ask again from this user..
    Yeah that will only pop up if and only if you have already connected to them before. If you haven't then it will not do that.

PIN/ID
    ask

yeah, isn't that called toothing? i have never seen a prompt to trust anyone while on BT.

i remember #2 now. for BB's it's "0000" for the code to connect right? what are the codes for the other phone types? i.e. nokia, motorola, etc.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

No. The code is whatever you set it up to be. Most headsets use the "0000" as a default since there is no keypad to enter a different code into the other unit. What happens is that you enter the code you want confirmed at the other end to get connected when you are connecting with another phone or a computer or a PDA (something that you can manually enter in digits). It will then send the connection request asking what the code is on the other end. Once the code is entered on the second device it will confirm that it matches with the original code entered prior to pairing.

Zo

PIN/ID
    ask

ah ok, thx Zo!

thought there were pre-existing codes. i was told for BB it's the 4-0's, and nextel is like 6-9"s, etc.