I have gotten used to sending ringtones and photos back and forth on my RAZR ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

geminijono no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth on the 8130

Advertisement

I have gotten used to sending ringtones and photos back and forth on my RAZR V3C that I have had the last couple years via bluetooth, and I am planning on upgrading my phone this week at Verizon. I really want a blackberry 8130, but I was told it doesn't have OBEX. Is this true? If so, is there a way to re-enable it?

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bluetooth on the 8130

Yeah. Go to an ATT store. Unless its absolutely necessary that you stay with verizon, I'd chose ATT. I had to do VZW for work and I hate it. They lock their phones down because of "security" reasons only to charge you to be able to use the feature. Hence the ~$30-$50 addon usb cable and program to send music to your phone.

My experiences in every city that I travel to is that ATT is the same in terms of coverage. But that might be different for you

PS... You can't talk and use data at the same time on VZW... Meaning if you're on a long conference call, you can't send or receive emails, on ATT you can. Again, that might not matter for you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

No blackberry has OBEX. OBEX isn't secure enough for RIM. So that means you have to Send/Receive files and accept them to be transfered. Also have to pair before even being able to do this.

What exactly do you want to do with Bluetooth and a blackberry? Then we can answer those questions.

This explains the whole process if all you want to do is transfer files. Contacts is totally another process.

This thread #9 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

You don't need OBEX.

geminijono no está en línea Stack level 1

All I want to do with the bluetooth on the blackberry is be able to pair it with my macbook pro, and be able to send pictures, video, and mp3s back and forth between the two. I hate the thought of paying for a ringtone of a song I already own, or having to sit there and wait to send a photo to an email account to pull up later.

As for contacts, I am going to buy a program just for that, because RIM doesn't seem to like Macs.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

if you have a data plan, why not email yourself the tones you want then save them on your BB

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

You do relize that if you are using a memory card you can save all your pics and sounds files on it for ringers and what have not don't you? It even makes a folder for you to dump them into and what computer dosn't have a card reader anymore

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you don't even need a card reader...just enable mass media storage mode and plug right into the phone...