Hey- ok im kinda new to the pearl. i had an 8700 but wasnt sure ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Alanier no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth on 8100

Advertisement

Hey- ok im kinda new to the pearl. i had an 8700 but wasnt sure of how to do this either.... and i need to quit bugging my boss for help, so here goes:

Ok so i know you have to have your bluetooth powered on to send/receive. Will the blackberry bluetooth with say, a motorola razr from the same company (cingular/at&t)? i dont know how to send anything FROM the berry to anyone else and when i try and "bluetooth sync" with someone, it does the whole password thing where we have to enter the same one.... and thats it. Nothing. I cant send anything to them and they are unable to send to me. Am i the only one that has this problem? plz let me know! thanks! much appreciated. - Amelie

slackware no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240162ec

Re: Bluetooth on 8100

to recieve to the bb there is an option to recieve file...
    like goto the media/pictures/ and hit the menu, there should be an option that says receive using bluetooth

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

well if you are saying that you guys are having trouble putting in the password try 0000 thats the standard password for bluetoothing. hope this helps

ttate90303 no está en línea Stack level 1

You may also have to ensure both devices are discoverable (checkbox under the Bluetooth settings).

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

If you are trying to send bluetooth files then you first have to go to options>bluetooth and then menu>add device. Then once you have connected once with the other person then you can go to the media file you are trying to send and click menu>send using bluetooth. After that a list will show the possible people you can send the file to(meaning anyone you have added as a bluetooth device) and then you can choose who you want to send it to and then it will start sending.

If you are trying to receive a file then all you have to do is go to one of the media folders(pics, music, ringtones, etc.) and click menu>receive using bluetooth. Then when the person tries to send you something you will be promted to accept or deny the person's file. Then click accept and the location and name to save it as and it should begin to start downloading the file.

Hope this helps.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Also worth mentioning:
    1. Some files are DRM protected, so they can NOT be sent anyway. It goes for preinstalled content on most Nokias, SonyEricssons, Samsungs...
    2. Some older phones are NOT completely BT standard compatible. This specially goes for Nokias (notorious 6310 series, and most 6310i, Communicators...)
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

minitank no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by slackware
    to recieve to the bb there is an option to recieve file...
    like goto the media/pictures/ and hit the menu, there should be an option that says receive using bluetooth

Thanks so much!!!
    - Works a treat.