I haven't been using a Bluetooth headset with my Pearl or any other phone for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

Bluetooth Headset Voice Announced Caller ID

Advertisement

I haven't been using a Bluetooth headset with my Pearl or any other phone for that matter in a while. Well last night I bought the new Motorola Pure H12 on a whim.

Now I remember why I don't use BT headsets... I don't know who the heck is calling me without looking at my phone. If i have to do that I might as well answer through my phone. And to make a call the Pearl's voice recognition takes for ever to initialize and sometimes it just freezes if the phone is in lock mode.

So my question, is there, or is there ever going to be a BT Headset that can announce the callers name through the phone book??

I've seen BT Headsets that have little screens on them that will display the number that is calling. Well, thats kinda hard to see when the headset is, get this, on my head!! I don't want to have to take the headset off, look at the screen that is only going to show me the number, like I know peoples number anymore since the pager era went out 15 years ago, then put it back on my head and answer the call. Again, it's easier just to take the call with the phone.

I would pay $$ for a headset that would announce the name thats entered in my phone book through the headset while remaining on my ear. Am I dreaming? Is this to much to ask for?

By the way, the Motorola H12 looks good, but I might as well have been wearing pruning shears around my ear all day from the way the back of my ear feels right now.
    Last edited by HITMONEY; 11-27-2007 at 01:24 AM.

spott3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bluetooth Headset Voice Announced Caller ID

I am not familiar with any bluetooth headsets that have audio caller ID. I think it would have to be a function of the device (not sure if BB has this or not) AND the headset. I work for t mobile so I've seen my share of bluetooth. You could always just set your ringtones up so you know at least some people who are calling...

PIN/ID
    24A06965

Looks as though someone must be cooking something up to solve the problem...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20060183513.html

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

Looks like it would have to be accomplished through an app, not through the hardware itself.

Caleab no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Bluetooth Headset Voice Announced Caller ID

One way to somewhat circumvent this issue would be to have your VIP folks have certain ringers attached. At least you would know it's one of your VIPs or not. I'm alot less likely to answer a call if I don't have a ringer attached. :P

Just a thought....

ps. VIP=people you'd want to talk to if they called

PIN/ID
    24A06965

So the ring tone is suppose to play through the BT headset?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Not always, that varies by device also. The only BT device's I know of that will announce the caller take the info from a built in phone book they use (car kits mainly) to announce and for those not in the phone book stored in the device, they announce the numbers. I am not sure if memory has dropped down to a small enough size to fit in a small headset with bt and long battery life incorporated also.

Zo

pseudosuit no está en línea Stack level 1

My girlfriends cheap *** flip-phone from verizon will announce the name of the caller when the phone is in a certain profile. This is actually coming from the phone, however. The phone doesn't even have bluetooth. So the technology is there. It is "reading" the name from the address book too.

gdktahoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Its 4 sure possible!

I had a sprint phone" the upstage", which is not the best you can get . So it had no special functions that other phone dont have. I went to Longs Drugs and bought a cheapo Emerson bt for $25 and it announced any name in my phone book and if no name were entered it would announce the callers phone number! I've yet to find another to do this ,and Ive had all the highest priced ear pieces, but it is possible.

gdktahoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    After reading this post I looked into this subject and realized the phone I was using at the time was the samsung "blade", and it did have something special that other phones dont. It had some program call text to speech or TTS which allowed it to announce anything writen in the phone. It would also convert speech to text, so you could talk in the microphone and it would write what you were saying. So find a phone with this feature and any bt should announce your ID's.

buddyandconnie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Miss my Nokia audio call announce

I have a BB Bold now which I like but I miss hearing who is calling. My old Nokia told me who was calling through the phone. Icould hear it through any of my BTs. I would like to find something similar for the Bold. Assigning ringtones to hundreds of contacts isn't terribly practical.