Hi all, I have not been able to find an answer to this ... so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth headset issue

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have not been able to find an answer to this ... so here goes

With my bluetooth headset (Moto HS820) and BB Pearl, whenever I press the button it dials the last number I called.
    Is there a way to get it to not do this. I'd like to have the option of telling the phone what number to dial.

Thanks

Ken

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bluetooth headset issue

Sounds to me like your doing something called "redial". Make sure you do a quick press of the button according to your manual. You might want to refer to the user manual of the headset to find out the different combinations of button presses and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Sounds to me like your doing something called "redial". Make sure you do a quick press of the button according to your manual. You might want to refer to the user manual of the headset to find out the different combinations of button presses and what they do.
    Thanks for your reply.

I did check the manual for the headset. The buttons are: volume up and down and one big button for call /end call.

What I would like it to do is when I press the call /end call button have it go into voice dialing as opposed to redial.

Again thanks.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Not all headsets will recognize the voice dial feature of the phone. The headset you are using is an older headset that may not support the voice dial features of the phone. I know it's replacement (H500) does support voice dial but I couldn't find any support of voice dial for the HS820.

Zo

Edit: Found a review that states that it does support voice dialing but was unreliable for recognizing the names. You should only have to press the button for a very short period (press and release) and you should hear a beep in your ear when you do. Provided the voice dial is turned on in your unit it should respond. I would test another headset out if that doesn't work and make sure it is a problem with the headset and not the phone.
    Last edited by Amigotek; 07-05-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks for the replies, all. I figured it out. If I want to go to voice dialling, I have to press the convenience button on the left side (looking at screen) and the prompt will play in the headset.

asymptote88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey,

I am having the same issue with my HS820 and black berry Pearl. When i press the call, it re-dials, not sure if there is a way of config'g it otherwise.

When i played woith my H700 (albeit, it was a china-knockoff, so it had other problems), one press of the button and it automatically went into voice-dialing mode.

Any advice would be appreciated.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

Newer headsets dont have that problem.. I have an H350 and my wife has H500 and as soon as you tap the lady asks you for a command... seems like the way around it with the older ones, was stated above. once you're paired and connected you have to manually open the voice dial program.. which in his case was stored to the left convenience key. I got my H350 for $30 maybe an upgrade is in order?
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

Hey Stackers,

Problem Solved!! I updated the OS to .101 and now the voice dialing works by simplypressing the call send/end button. Thanks to everyone that took the time to offer help.

asymptote88 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do you update the OS on the head-setup?

Also, i think i got it to work on my head-set as well. I think the manual had a typo, and pressing the button short does a voice-call, and holding it down for a long time does the re-dial.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

hey asymptom88, he not updated the OS on the head setup
    he's updated his BB OS

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    hey asymptom88, he not updated the OS on the head setup
    he's updated his BB OS
    Sorry for not being clear. Jaspreet is correct, I upgraded the phones OS.

You can find instructions as to how to properly do this here, as well as a a link to download the software:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ew_os_4_a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau21
    Sorry for not being clear. Jaspreet is correct, I upgraded the phones OS.

You can find instructions as to how to properly do this here, as well as a a link to download the software:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ew_os_4_a.html

... and I should have noted that the excellent post that I referenced in my reply was written up by Jaspreet.