I have an 8220, where yesterday the Bluetooth software totally failed. I would try and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dday930 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240E7BED

Question Bluetooth failure, now OS reload failure?

Advertisement

I have an 8220, where yesterday the Bluetooth software totally failed. I would try and activate it, and it would never start. Battery pull and all never changed behavior. Tried a combination of Cell OFF/ON, WI-FI OFF/ON,tried to start BT and other combinations. BT never worked again. I attempted to update to Tmo 180 OS, and it never completes. I have tried to do a complete wipe with JT_Cmder then install OS, and I get partially there, then it crashes. I have tried a combination of 3 or 4 differnt ways to load the OS and every time it fails.
    I am wondering if there is a tool to test the physical memory of the device, and/or a system test to determine if there are fault/physical issues with the device, as I am not able to get te OS files into the device.

Anyone with thoughts, please let me know

-dday

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If all else fails, there's always a warranty swap... Is that what you ended up doing?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dday930 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240E7BED
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    If all else fails, there's always a warranty swap... Is that what you ended up doing?

Yeah. Had to send back to RIM. They said was memory failure with bad I/O something something something......

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its turning out to be a common problem with the flip. my bluetooth wont enable either. reloaded the OS and still no fix. and i didnt get the warranty.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    everything on our berries are malfunctioning, yet we cant live without it. haha. cause im on my second bold. :P