I just bought my 8100 pearl after comparing it to the new 8800 version. Now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Bluetooth earbud

Advertisement

I just bought my 8100 pearl after comparing it to the new 8800 version. Now i want to buy a bluetooth earbud that is affordable,not bulky and that is stylish. Any advice? The bottom line is i want something that isolates noise,winds and can be operated at about a good distance from the phone. Ie: you are in the store shopping and the phone is in the car.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Bluetooth earbud

you're asking for the world, khaddem. affordable and 'isolates noise, windows and operates a good distance from the phone' like shopping in a store.

simply put, you get what you pay for with bt headsets. so which is it, price/size or the features?

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    you're asking for the world, khaddem. affordable and 'isolates noise, windows and operates a good distance from the phone' like shopping in a store.

simply put, you get what you pay for with bt headsets. so which is it, price/size or the features?
    I remember the first tattoo shop I got ink done at had a sign hanging that said "There are three types of service here: Good, Fast and Cheap, you can only pick 2!" Moral to the story........listen to Black Ninja!

You get what you pay for, figure out what is most important to you and act accordingly.

I was not looking to get lectured on what life has to offer when i asked this question. I have not learned anything of substance from either black ninja or the other person. All i wanted was some information about a variety of earbud used by someone on this site. I think i should better stick with reviews from Cnet instead of black ninja and his friend's email that failed to provide me with at least an answer to my question.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by khaddem
    I was not looking to get lectured on what life has to offer when i asked this question. I have not learned anything of substance from either black ninja or the other person. All i wanted was some information about a variety of earbud used by someone on this site. I think i should better stick with reviews from Cnet instead of black ninja and his friend's email that failed to provide me with at least an answer to my question.
    Khaddem- No need to get testy. We're all friends with a common interest here. If you somehow took offense to my last post, then my initial reaction, is to shake my head and say "lighten up" but I don't want to cause you any more grief than I already have. Instead I'll say sorry to have offended you. I personally use the Jabra JX10. It's small and sound quality is great. I'm never more than 12' from my phone so I don't know if that is a large enough range for you or not. It's not cheap so that doesn't help you. I got a great deal on it and for my personal taste I don't mind spending money to get quality. Once again I hope you're not too shaken up by Black Ninja's or my previous comment. Happy St. Patrick's Day

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I also use the jabra jx 10 but the thing that really bugs me is how hell do you want bluetooth music on a thing that is so small,

you need a wired headphone set to get music on, not a skinny thing with no battery power!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I believe you missed the part where I asked you which you want. I have used a variety of bt headsets, both in size and price (since I've upgraded phones every 3-6 months for a few years and needed a new one per handset to properly match it). what you're asking for does not exist. if you prefer I could've said "there is none" point blank, instead I asked which mattered more to you so you could receive the best recommendation.

I currently use the Samsung WEP 200 because of it's weight/size/comfortableness. the battery life isn't outstanding, the price tag is very fair, the volume is pretty high and never any complaints from other side of echo or breaking up. the single button control works well with the pearl profile. distance is supposedly up to 30 feet from handset, but I've noted you need to have line-of-sight to achieve any distance.

If you're done with the drama, the question still stands.
    Last edited by blackninja; 03-18-2007 at 01:47 AM.

spampy22 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have used a few with the moto Q and now the Pearl. The Jabra xj10, Moto H700, other Jabra's. My favorite is the Moto h700 beacuse you can close it and open it to answer calls and save battery life. You can buy them at Best Buy to see if you like them and exchange them till you find one that works for you.

Good luck on deciding.

Thank you for your reply Blackninja.What i asked does indeed exist and can be found. For example, take the case of the Hundai Elantra. Compared to a honda, it is cheap but it holds its own with safety,great gas mileage and good warranty. So yes you can have something affordable made with quality material. I did find one bluetooth earbud: the BlueAnt X3. It is cheaper than the Jabra x10 but it has a great review from Cnet reviewers. I will buy it. Regarding my previous reply to you, i don't like drama and all i wanted was a simple answer. Just a list of earbuds you've used in the past just like you did above in you final paragraph: Samsung WEP 200. Thank for your answers and let's move on now.
    Peace.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i use the jawbone. bar none the best ive ever used i reccomend it 120%