My computer doesn't have built-in bluetooth so I got a USB dongle from IOGear and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phuz no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth connection to Desktop Manager

Advertisement

My computer doesn't have built-in bluetooth so I got a USB dongle from IOGear and I have the phone paired up with it, however Desktop Manager does not seem to be able to find the device. In the help section, it says to use Microsoft's bluetooth configuration in the control panel.

I uninstalled the IOGear driver and went to the Windows driver for it, however, when it detects the services, it doesn't find the Audio Gateway...only the dialup networking.

What must I do in order to get the audio passed through?

I need the Microsoft Driver because Desktop Manager won't work on the other driver, but I also need the Audio Gateway.

Dilemma!
    Last edited by phuz; 03-30-2008 at 06:15 PM.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    man i have tried all this to and i personally gave up but when you do figure this all out please let me know i will be following this tread because i want to know too.

acrtkweyeytrwry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206c06c7
    Here is the setup instructions from Blackberry themselves. Take note of Task #2, the bluetooth dongle has to have native support in Windows itself and not use any additional software.

Quote Originally Posted by acrtkweyeytrwry View Post
    Here is the setup instructions from Blackberry themselves. Take note of Task #2, the bluetooth dongle has to have native support in Windows itself and not use any additional software.
    Windows installed a driver for mine on its own...no additional software, but it still only shows the Dialup networking service.

If I want to get the audio gateway to show up as a service, I have to go back to using the 3rd party bluetooth software. This makes no sense.
    Last edited by phuz; 03-31-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Update!

OK, so since I was not able to use the Audio Gateway when using the Microsoft driver, I went back to the 3rd party driver and started playing around.

I opened "My Bluetooth Places" and connected to the audio gateway. I also see that the bluetooth modem is handled over COM14, so I went into hyperterminal and connected to port 14 and to my surprised, I was able to dial out without even connecting to the "Dialup networking" service in bluetooth places, and more importantly, without even having desktop manager open! I was only able to use the ATDT string once, because the second time I tried it, it came back with ERROR. I had to disconnect from COM14 and re-open the connection for it to work again.

But I think we are on to something here. If it can be done this way, we just software to handle the control.