Help me, I cant seem to bluetooth ringtones from my daughters Motorola phone to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbunch no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth between Motorola and BB Pearl

Advertisement

Help me, I cant seem to bluetooth ringtones from my daughters Motorola phone to my BB Pearl 8130. It shows an error message, I think "Not Supported". Can someone help me out with this? The ringtones are not locked.

mbunch no está en línea Stack level 1
    Someone please chime in here and give me some info!

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried the same thing with several different makes of phones (I tried sending from my BB to other phones though) and had the same problem. I just sent them the ring tone via email and txt and saved the tone to their phone as a quick fix...
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    There is a precise sequence that must be followed before successful send and receive over BT on a BB device.

1. You must pair the devices together and verify that they have the correct profiles enabled (on mine I see "Object Push" on the Motorola's I am paired to).

2. You then need to go to the folder where you want to receive the ringtone and press the menu button. Scroll down the menu button until you see "Receive Using Bluetooth" and select that.

3. Initiate the transfer from the other unit using whatever procedure it requires. If it asks for a passcode, it will be one that you create and has to be entered in identically on both devices.

The above process works but not all files or phones are compatible with BB devices for transferring information.

Zo

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    It has worked for me.. Just enable Bluetooth, go to the specific file you want to download it, click the menu key and select receive using Bluetooth. That's all I do and it worked for me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ninamarie429 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this problem today with my best friend also. She has a Motorola also. At least I know how to do it for next time!

Thanks for the help

Falisha no está en línea Stack level 1
    i posted a similar question like this becoz its the same problem i have with my BB devic but for sum reason i didnt get a reply like this one but anyways thank u for the post i didnt try it as yet but i will soon. I really do hope it work