For starters, I believe I have finally read all material on Bluetooth, as relates to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth: BB-->PC works; PC-->BB doesn't

Advertisement

For starters, I believe I have finally read all material on Bluetooth, as relates to x-fer from BB-->PC & PC -->BB. The problem is, this:

I can x-fer files all day long from BB to PC (XP SP2) but not the other way around. Further --and contrary to the conventional wisdom-- XP SP2 doesn't auto-install the bluetooth drivers for my dongle, but requires IVT's BlueSoleil, which is how I x-fer BB --> PC. Pairing has, obviously, worked (and my dongle is, obviously, not on Windows 'approved list' lol). However, whether or not I move to the directory I wish to hold the file & select 'Receive via BT'... it just does not work.

I sincerely hope someone can help me get this mess figured out!

T/A!!
    Last edited by Yogich; 12-19-2007 at 05:29 PM.
    ...Yogich

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Bluetooth: BB-->PC works; PC-->BB doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    For starters, I believe I have finally read all material on Bluetooth, as relates to x-fer from BB-->PC & PC -->BB. The problem is, this:

I can x-fer files all day long from BB to PC (XP SP2) but not the other way around. Further --and contrary to the conventional wisdom-- XP SP2 doesn't auto-install the bluetooth drivers for my dongle, but requires IVT's BlueSoleil, which is how I x-fer BB --> PC. Pairing has, obviously, worked (and my dongle is, obviously, not on Windows 'approved list' lol). However, whether or not I move to the directory I wish to hold the file & select 'Receive via BT'... it just does not work.

I sincerely hope someone can help me get this mess figured out!

T/A!!
    I was a little confused with all the (XP SP2, BB-->PC & PC-->BB) LOL...but I had the same problem, and its just that sometimes the Bluetooth on the PC is not capable of connecting to the BB, but it could work (receive) the other way around!!

Not all Bluetooth's are compatible!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you "receiving using bluetooth" on your device?

Thank you both for your posts. Since I posted the above, I discovered that I actually DID have a BT dongle which MS recognizes, so I plugged that in. Now, I can x-fer files both ways ...except for MP3. The BB wants to put them in Ringtones, rather than where I'd like to put them (Music), and complains, "The file transfer could not be completed because the connection was lost. Make sure your Bluetooth radio is plugged in and the devices are within range of each other."

The devices are paired, and I selected the Media Card because it has scads of room. Still, no dice. Any more ideas??

T/A...
    ...Yogich

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Is there a reason we don't want to use the USB cable?

Just make sure you have the correct drivers. I could never do it until I got the right ones.

I used this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ktop_sync.html

I know it's about syncing, but it got the right drivers that you need to transfer stuff. I dunno. It worked for me.

Good luck.

Yes. There is a reason we don't use the USB cable. There are times that I am tethered, and would have to shut everything down just to x-fer a couple files. Fact is, I use the media card one helluvalot for other stuff while I'm tethered. Hard to explain, but that really is the upshot.

I will check out the thread, once again. Perhaps I missed something. Dunno. Thanks!

[ADDENDUM: I have connectivity for syncing via BT. I just checked. Still... no MP3 x-fer.]
    Last edited by Yogich; 12-19-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    ...Yogich