Hello everyone, I am trying to sync my 8100 to my Vaio with built in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

seabird no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054DDE6

Question Bluetooth and Vista

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I am trying to sync my 8100 to my Vaio with built in Bluetooth. I am running Vista Business, and I have it working via Com connection but I do not seem to be able to have the actual "Bluetooth Connection" in device manager or connection settings.

The Laptop is listed as a trusted device. Any solutions to this?

Jacco

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Bluetooth and Vista

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ync_vista.html

try that thread...all they did was update their desktop software.

What version are you running?

PIN/ID
    2054DDE6

I a running 4.2.2, but I don't want to revert to the windows bluetooth stack to be honest. Using a toshiba driver set v5.10.10 stack

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

hey seabird does vista see your phone. i also have vista and blue tooth and everything in desktop manager works except media manger wont work. tell me what you got so far and i will try and help.

PIN/ID
    2054DDE6

Quote Originally Posted by iron07
    hey seabird does vista see your phone. i also have vista and blue tooth and everything in desktop manager works except media manger wont work. tell me what you got so far and i will try and help.
    Yes, vista sees my phone, and I can connect it as modem or serial.

Right now I connetc it BT as serial and then use desktop manager to connect to the serial. But... this makes it painfully slow.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

ok this is what i got hope this helps. i plug in my blueetooth dogel then vista bluetooth window pops up i click my device is ready and then search it finds my pearl then i select chose a pin for me then enter it in my phone then thats done i only had to do that once. then i open desktop manager and set that up for bluetooth by selecting enable bluetooth and select switch from bluetooth and usb auto the i went up to where it says conection and hit the detect button and mine comes up as connected pin number and my phone. now when ever i open desktop manager it connects to my pearl and if i plug in usb it over rides the bluetooth.