I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 with bluetooth. I have used my bluetooth in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

citymotors no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth and Nuvi gps

Advertisement

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 with bluetooth. I have used my bluetooth in cars before and have never had a problem pairing it with the cars. I can find and pair the pearl with the Nuvi and all works as it is supposed to work. Calls can be made and taken, phonebook transfers, everything is all good..... for 17 to 45 seconds. The connection is then lost. This happened everytime except one. That time I did the same thing I always do and it did not lose connection. After about a half an hour I turned the Nuvi off and now I is doing the same thing.

Has anyone had issues like this? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

eyespii no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the exact same problem with my nuvi 660. I think the problem is with the garmin's bluetooth firmware - the latest one seems to have connection problems with my blackberry 8330. Downgrading to a different BT firmware fixes the connection problem. I haven't actually downgraded the firmware yet, but I plan to soon.

Im sorry i dont have more specifics - maybe you can search around google and get a bit more information?

MunnyGuy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same issue with my 660. I think I figured it out.

1- Upgrade your Garmin's software. I just did recently and noticed a patch for blue Tooth being uploaded.
    2- When connecting the phone via bluetooth a dialog box will pop up on your BB asking if you want to accept the connection. There will be a box you can check that states "do not ask me this in the future" or something similar. After checking this box my BT has been seemless. Good Luck!