all right, so any time i try to send things off my media card over ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

amanderbander no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2452AA5C

bluetooth and media card...

Advertisement

all right, so any time i try to send things off my media card over blue tooth to my friends phone it says something about no service. i can't send anything or recieve it. and we are paired and connected....

then my next issue is, my friend has a razr, and because we cant send eachother anything over bluetooth we decided to switch media cards. when i put her media card in my phone it doesnt read her card...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    maybe a dumb question, but do you have a data plan? If Im not mistaken on BB you must have a data plan even to send MMS. Im not 100% sure about bluetooth transfer.

PIN/ID
    2452AA5C
    yeah i have a data plan.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    sorry I cant help. A device expert will respond soon. Good luck!

stimpy1515 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you both have the same cell company? Some cell companies lock sending files thru bluetooth on there phones
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Check out the steps outlined in Red's MiniFaq and make sure you followed the same procedure.

And your BB wouldn't be able to read her Media Card because its not formatted to work with your BB.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    2452AA5C
    all right. well, after following the mini FAQ it still didn't work. we don't have the same company i have t mo and she has at&t, but i can send her phone things, she just can't send to mine. any ideas?

stimpy1515 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem with 2 t-mobile phones a BB and a Razr could send from the BB just could not receive so idk, with a sprint Razr I could not send nor receive with my BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by amanderbander View Post
    all right, so any time i try to send things off my media card over blue tooth to my friends phone it says something about no service. i can't send anything or recieve it. and we are paired and connected....
    Hmm... I have never had problems sending/receiving files via BT... as long as I remembered simple fact: BlackBerry is paranoid bussiness device!

Due to security matters, after normal visibility/pairing steps, do following:
    - to recieve you MUST be in a folder where specific type of file goes! So for mp3's in music, for pictures in pictures...
    - to send you must be in a folder where specific type of files is...

Of course, there is possibility that provider has crippled BT functionality, but that could be good basis for law suit... if your contract doesn't say different.

FACTS:
    BT transfer has NOTHING to do with any kind of data plan. It's short range personal area network which provides various sorts of comunication between various devices.
    My BT car stereo has no data plan, but BT works... not only with Pearl...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Do realize that to receive anything over BT, you have to navigate to the folder and select "Receive using Bluetooth" from the menu. After you've done this, then have your friend send the file.

If you don't actively say receive, nothing will happen and her attempt to send will timeout.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Do realize that to receive anything over BT, you have to navigate to the folder and select "Receive using Bluetooth" from the menu. After you've done this, then have your friend send the file.

If you don't actively say receive, nothing will happen and her attempt to send will timeout.
    Exactly....I had a lot of problems receiving through BT when I first got my BB, but as soon as I figured this out, I got it to work....

But, one must remember, that NOT ALL PHONES are BT Compatible, as my friend has a Razor from Verizon, and I CANNOT send anything to him, I can pair just fine....but cannot send....just a little info

Hope you get it..!!