hello stackers I accidentally choose to deny permission for google maps' socket connection. therefore i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2

bluetooth and google maps

Advertisement

hello stackers

I accidentally choose to deny permission for google maps' socket connection. therefore i can't connect my bluetooth gps and google maps. is there anyway that i can unblock this socket connection permission? i tried using "edit Permission" on application for google map, but it doesn't work.
    the program itself kept saying that I need to configure my phone to pinpoint my location.

Thanks in advance..

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: bluetooth and google maps

If you have manually edited Google Maps application permission back to allow and it is still not working, doing an uninstall and reinstall of google maps will cause that initial alert to popup again the first time you run the new installation. If it isn't working after that, then you have a different setup issue.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

I thought google maps wouldn't work with gps. Has there been an update to it?

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah the updated one does have gps capabilty. at least i have options for it.

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by fsanjaya
    yeah the updated one does have gps capabilty. at least i have options for it.
    What version are you using?

According to Google Maps Mobile (see link)
    GPS capabilities only work on Windows Mobile Devices and Helios subscribers. I have version 1.4.4 for the Blackberry platform. I would love to use Google maps rather then Blackberry maps. If you use a different version did you get it OTA?
    Thanks for any info.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...894&topic=9120

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

OOPS. Need to catch up on reading posts. I just saw that version 1.5.1 has GPS support. Thanks to your post I'm a happier GPS'er