Im not new to Pinstack (been following this site for 4 months now) but this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sponkey no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth an installed app to another phone?

Advertisement

Im not new to Pinstack (been following this site for 4 months now) but this is my first post. Here is my dilemma:my wife and I both have 8100s but mine is the only phone with a data plan. My internet is currently down leaving the trusty blackberry as the only way to access the internet. Is there a way that I can download the OTA( .jad) file to my media card so I can bluetooth files to my wifes phone? Thanks for any help! Wonderful forums! Love this place! PS I'm running the latest os 4.5 release, don't know if that helps. Guess where I found it
    Last edited by sponkey; 07-20-2008 at 04:26 PM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    This will work best if you have an SD card.
    Download BlackBerry OTA Downloader to your PC.

Extract the single EXE from the Zip file and run it. Now, just paste the .JAD link into the application, and it will create a subdirectory and download and copy the files needed to that subdirectory.

Now, just copy the subdirectory to an SD card, open the Media application, then hit the Menu button and select Explore --> Media Card, and navigate to the subdirectory you just copied to the SD card. Click on the JAD file, and it will install exactly the same as if you had click on the link online.
    JerryD

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    actually there is a much easier way to get OTA downloads to your wife's phone...just swap SIM cards and using your data plan download all the OTA apps you want...when done swap back and she'll have whatever programs you downloaded to her phone for her...this is what i do to get friends with no data the programs they need..hope this helps

How do you download the file instead of installing it when you click on the.OTA link?

Ah! Swapping Sim cards! Genius! Works perfectly. Thanks a million!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~