Guys, when i try to send flies from my old phone to my Blackberry, i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ndwgolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth

Advertisement

Guys,
    when i try to send flies from my old phone to my Blackberry, i keep getting enter passkey for the phone that i am trying to connet with, the thing is my old phone doesent have any pass keys?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Bluetooth

Just choose one. It doesn't matter as long as you put the same code in both phones. Usually people just use 0000 or 1234.

Just remember to get to your Media folder to actually receive the files using bluetooth.

HIM
    HIM no está en línea Stack level 1

One thing that annoyed me when I first got my Pearl a week ago was that you couldn't send or receive data files via Bluetooth, such as .mp3's. However, when I rang technical support (about an unrelated issue) I menioned Bluetooth and he said that you can't 'yet' but would be able to in about 2 to 3 months.

Does mean there will be some kind of firmware update to allow sending/receiving files via Bluetooth
    or was he talking out of his @ss?

ndwgolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Just remember to get to your Media folder to actually receive the files using bluetooth.
    Perfect Reddog after i read this bit 10 x it sank in and now can use bluetooth no plobelem
    Thanks, i can see i am going to need lots of help from this forum to help navigate me around this phone

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf
    Perfect Reddog after i read this bit 10 x it sank in and now can use bluetooth no plobelem
    Thanks, i can see i am going to need lots of help from this forum to help navigate me around this phone
    Cool man glad you got it. I'm putting together a mini pearl FAQ soon it should be up within a week hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by HIM
    One thing that annoyed me when I first got my Pearl a week ago was that you couldn't send or receive data files via Bluetooth, such as .mp3's. However, when I rang technical support (about an unrelated issue) I menioned Bluetooth and he said that you can't 'yet' but would be able to in about 2 to 3 months.

Does mean there will be some kind of firmware update to allow sending/receiving files via Bluetooth
    or was he talking out of his @ss?
    You can transfer files via bluetooth, just make sure they're paired and when receiving files with your BB your are actually in the folder you want to receive the file and select Receive Using Bluetooth.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by reddog187; 07-03-2007 at 03:53 AM.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The descriptions do work as I have followed the directions and sent a ringtone to the wife's BB from mine using Bluetooth.
    Last edited by squeakr; 07-03-2007 at 04:45 AM.

PIN/ID
    STACK

here's a better thread I found while compiling my FAQ for the pearl. little more detailed.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...h_between.html

HIM
    HIM no está en línea Stack level 1

Cheers for the guide.

Is it possible to send and receive files via Bluetooth to other phones such as Sony Ericsson's and Nokia's?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by HIM
    Is it possible to send and receive files via Bluetooth to other phones such as Sony Ericsson's and Nokia's?
    If you can get them to pair and they support the proper Bluetooth profiles, then yes.

I can send ringtones / pictures to my wifes LG phone just fine.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade