Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good morning stackers, I tried to look at previous threads, bu tim on borrowed time ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Thumbs down Blank Picture Msgs...

Advertisement

Good morning stackers,

I tried to look at previous threads, bu tim on borrowed time and running late for work. The past couple of days i am having a problem with MMS. My friend keeps sending me picture mail, but it comes up blank.
    I tried that other thing on the thread "Attention Tmo Users", but nothing is working. Do you think it's my phone or his?
    He has Sprint so i dont know if it makes a difference. I had him send on 4 different times and it just comes up blank.
    Any suggestions?

TIA all of ya!

decibel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Blank Picture Msgs...

this is happening to me, too. I'm with TMobile. I wasn't able to get them at all until i followed some steps in another thread about deleting service books and resending them via the tmobile website.

but now they're just coming in blank.

anyone?

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

ok, the last few days ive been getting blank mms' from my cingular friend. i am cingular too. it happened to me once yesterday and twice today. my friends and i are all cingular. i dont know how to fix this problem help!! it doenst even say retrieve now. its just blank like she didnt picture message me anything! any answers??

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

well i hope i can help out a lilttle bit. i was told to send a picture message to myself (phone number). that got rid of the tmobiles pic page thing, and i was able to get videos in my sms, with sound, and i was able to receive pics. i didn't understand it, but it works fine now. maybe you guys wanna try it out.

hope it helps for at least one of you

phatman9 no está en línea Stack level 2

you can try sending a sms and a mms to the number 222...this is what the guys at t mobile told me to do. hope it helps

shuteru no está en línea Stack level 2

Cingular User here, Experiencing the same Issue - Even when viewing the message from the viewmymessage.com website, the message just comes back blank
    Brand new in Box - Nextel 7100i For sale !

Details HERE

xaden no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the very same problem. A very kind T-Mobile rep in the blackberry dept helped fix it. Here's what she told me to do:

1. Go to Settings-->Advanced Options-->Service Book
    2. In Service Book, delete EVERYTHING except for your email (if you have one configured). You won't be able to delete Provisioning.
    3. Then go back to Advanced Options-->Host Routing Table
    4. Go to the one that is in bold, then press the menu button, then Register Now.
    5. Once that's done, pull out the battery while your Pearl is still on. Wait like 30 seconds, then insert the battery.

After these steps, the rep sent a few picture messages and they all showed up. I even sent some to myself and I could see the pictures.

Hope this works for you. If not, I would just contact T-Mobile.

shuteru no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmmm I tried that and now all I get when I try to log into the website and view the message is "Unable to log in"

Guess I'll have to Call Cingular (It'll never be AT&T to me)

Thanks for the help!
    Brand new in Box - Nextel 7100i For sale !

Details HERE

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

It happens if u dont have a data plan or the pic format is not supported.

ERX3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C2708

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    It happens if u dont have a data plan or the pic format is not supported.

My pics show up blank too. My wife has a Samsung T-609 and her pics always come up blank. How can I find out what format she sends and what I can accept? And is there anyway to change the format of her pics? We're both with T-Mobile btw.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

when this happened to me, I went into my Service Book and deleted the MMS Config [WAP] file. I then resent my service books and after it sent me the message saying it had been received followed with a 30s battery pull. I then sent myself a couple of test pics to my own number. the first one came through blank and the second came through properly. I then asked my friend from Verizon to send me a picture and it also came through fine.

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nsarpong
    well i hope i can help out a lilttle bit. i was told to send a picture message to myself (phone number). that got rid of the tmobiles pic page thing, and i was able to get videos in my sms, with sound, and i was able to receive pics. i didn't understand it, but it works fine now. maybe you guys wanna try it out.

hope it helps for at least one of you
    How did you get videos via SMS?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by roastedbagel
    How did you get videos via SMS?
    you mean video via MMS? you don't. let me see if I can find my old post where I explained in detail about this.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have the exact same issue on my Pearl. When I was on my 7100 series, I was able to open picture messages. This is one of the reasons I have used it less and less. I have updated my service books and everything. Still can't open picture messages on my Pearl, even from other T-Mo customers.

Oh and I was having trouble the other way around on the Pearl. I can't send pic messages either.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-14-2007 at 05:45 PM.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

blah, my explination was more than 400 posts ago so it isn't in my "posts". long story short:

bb uses h264 while most vid phones records in h263 (why RIM decided to go against the standard, we'll never know). by default, you will receive the txt message directing you to your provider's page to view the video. t-mobile came up with an option that transforms the video (server side) into an animated picture and a wav file. it then sends the message to you and it has the two play simulataneously (sp) in the mms msg and you get a video-like product, but it's not truly a video anymore.

I got to test this option when it was first implimented by t-mobile. I hated it and had it cut back off since I was not pleased I was being charged an mms message for a cheezy motion picture and a sound. Instead with the option off you can just go to the page through your bb browser, open it and then save it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast