Hello Stackers , So how are everybody here on this home forum that provides you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Thumbs up The Blackberyy Pearl DIY (Do It Yourself) First AID Troubleshooting Steps

Advertisement

Hello Stackers,

So how are everybody here on this home forum that provides you million solutions to your problems. Well today i am writing here b'cos i am seeing that many people don't try to troubleshoot their Blackberry devices if they encounter some problem. (either they don't know the some small steps or don't want to try em!) so plz read this carefully.

The first steps that can get you out of a problem yourself.

#1. Plz notice carefully the problem that you encounter while using the device and remember what message the problem gives you out.

#2. Now if you want to post the problem here. Give complete description of the problem and your mobile handset model NO. and your OS No. (for e.g. Model number Blackberry Pearl 8100, and OS T-mobile 4.2.0.64...etc). Plz try to find similar problem here as many of us undergo same problem. So it would be useful for all of us to help every person with same problem as you would be gathered under one thread

#3. Ok the first steps are that check that whether you get the problem after installing or deleting some kinda app (may be 3rd party apps or your OS applications). if yes then reverting your steps may solve your problem.

#4. Give your handheld a soft reset, battery pullout and see whether this solves the problem or not. If not then check step #5
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    <<<<<<<<The most important Step>>>>>>

#5. Ok then for what we are here for. contact our most responsible staff that will help you in ironing the bug out that is causing inconvenience to you and your handheld.

(NOTE: Those people who try these steps. plz don't mind it is for those who dont try em!)

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: The Blackberyy Pearl DIY (Do It Yourself) First AID Troubleshooting Steps

heh, i understand the frustration. anyone posting a problem will get much quicker and more effective results from fellow stackers, when you supply as much information as you can regarding your question. completing and keeping your profile current (ie. software version number) also keeps us from having to dig for information that might be key to your solution. the stackers here LOVE TO HELP. so in the words of Jerry Maguire, "HELP ME, HELP YOU!"

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

also, it's a good idea to do a search and see if the same question has been asked already or not

westler91 no está en línea Stack level 1

ok........here is my problem. I have TMOBILE. The white Pearl.

One of my MyFaves has completely fallen off the map. I cant access it or change it. I have done a battery pull! Do I have to (gulp) do something extreme. Tmobile doesnt know what to do.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by westler91
    ok........here is my problem. I have TMOBILE. The white Pearl.

One of my MyFaves has completely fallen off the map. I cant access it or change it. I have done a battery pull! Do I have to (gulp) do something extreme. Tmobile doesnt know what to do.
    Kinda ironic that someone posts a question for a completely different topic. LOL!

Westler check out the 8100 Mini FAQ up top and try to re-register to the network or resend your service books.

On topic now, I understand your frustration, but it's just the nature of these forums. Noobs will post a question before searching. Instant gratification maybe? Laziness? When I was new I did the same thing. We all have done it. At least here no one gets flamed and everyone is understanding. I would rather have that then everyone running around telling all the newbies to search. That's why we love Pinstack.
    Last edited by reddog187; 07-18-2007 at 03:55 AM.