I just got my Blackberry about 3 weeks ago. It's been working fine, no problems. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lish6321 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry won't turn on

Advertisement

I just got my Blackberry about 3 weeks ago. It's been working fine, no problems. Just 2 days ago, I took it off the charger and the red light in the top right was on. I took out the battery and it rebooted. It stayed on for an hour or so and again red light in right corner. This time taking the battery out didn't work. It wouldn't turn on, nothing. Later in the day it started blinking, 1 flash then 3 quick flashes of the red light. On and off for the last 2 days it'll turn on then shut off and start blinking. If I turn it off once it starts working, it'll randomly turn itself back on. Is there anything that I can do? Luckily, I still have my old phone because otherwise I wouldn't have one at all. Can anyone help?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    It could be one of two things, your battery or your OS on the device. have you tried connecting it to the desktop manager on your pc?

No, I haven't had the chance yet. I was on vacation when this happened. To be very honest, I wouldn't even know where to start. I got the phone from a friend and I didn't get any of the material to go with it. He gave me a cord but that's all. Could the battery just be shot and need a new one?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    It could be, i waould take it to a store and have them try a different battery

Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    FYI: Do not know where you are @, but Best Buy sells a few RIM Products...Cases/Batteries. Just FYI...good luck!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I'd ask your friend why he wanted to get rid of the phone. sounds like a crash and burn.