Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

anyone.. have any idea.. ?? i have the same problem too thanks!... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Quinn253 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry won't start

Advertisement

anyone.. have any idea.. ?? i have the same problem too

thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

quinn, your phone is dead? the hourglass of doom? what problem are you having?

the hourglass of doom
    and i been siting here all day waiting for it to get loading..
    .. i have took the battery and put it back in.. . but it still show up the white screen and the hourglass..

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

im afraid you are going to have to reinstall the OS so im not sure how far you are...
    1) you need to download the newest device software and install it on your pc (actually execute and install)
    go here: www.blackberry.com/downloads
    2) this thread should help with the instructions
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html
    i'll be up for awhile if you are gonna do this tonight and have issues...just PM me

i will give it a try..
    ..Thanks alot Cherrichiodo.

akquinto no está en línea Stack level 1

my name is "q" and my bb is dead. i have a white screen with the hour glass and wont do anything else

masonrook no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,

Very new to this site so im hoping you can help me. I have a 8100 pearl and was experiencing the “answer and 3 seconds later they can hear you”. So I read that you can update your software to over come this problem (I was running 4.2.0.64).

Everything was going along perfectly until the system just froze. Now my BB does nothing but flash red. No screen nothing.

I have tried to load the new software via desktop manager and I get ˝ way into it and then I get [A:0x00000000E] error.

I have downloaded the JavaLoader Command and that seems to do nothing. I say option 5 wipe, enter all the confirmations and then get sent straight back to the homepage. (obviously I then try to reload the software and it gives me the same error)

I have also tried to do the “ how_reinstall_os_when_computer_wont”

PLEASE HELP ME.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by masonrook
    Hi All,

Very new to this site so im hoping you can help me. I have a 8100 pearl and was experiencing the “answer and 3 seconds later they can hear you”. So I read that you can update your software to over come this problem (I was running 4.2.0.64).

Everything was going along perfectly until the system just froze. Now my BB does nothing but flash red. No screen nothing.

I have tried to load the new software via desktop manager and I get ˝ way into it and then I get [A:0x00000000E] error.

I have downloaded the JavaLoader Command and that seems to do nothing. I say option 5 wipe, enter all the confirmations and then get sent straight back to the homepage. (obviously I then try to reload the software and it gives me the same error)

I have also tried to do the “ how_reinstall_os_when_computer_wont”

PLEASE HELP ME.
    Try removing the battery for at least thirty seconds, reconnect your blackberry to your pc, open desktop manager and try again

tektoniks no está en línea Stack level 1

bump. I have the same "hour glass of death" problem. 2 days ago it just went into a coma-type mode and now all i see is the hour glass and red light blinking. I am using T-mobile.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    im afraid you are going to have to reinstall the OS so im not sure how far you are...
    1) you need to download the newest device software and install it on your pc (actually execute and install)
    go here: www.blackberry.com/downloads
    2) this thread should help with the instructions
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html
    this is most likely gonna be your best bet read the threads and let us know how it goes
    and welcome
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

tektoniks no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by faisals
    I tried the app loader to reinstall os. Now the hour glass doesn't even appear anymore and the red light flashes 2x and while erasing all data after three progress boxes the device it gives a: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

I have also tried to wipe it by using java loader, but it gives unable to open port. I have already tried the java commander. When i try to wipe the device it says unable to open port. Also, if i try other commands like deviceinfo, or anything it says unable to open port. Any help? The computer does detect the device when it is plugged into USB port, but the destop manager does not connect to it, and when the APP loader tries to install the program it gives the communication error mentioned above.

PLease help
    SAME WITH ME. HELPPP. such a nice phone, but i am begining to really get annoyed

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Guys, also take a look here to get you up and running again. Remember to follow the steps exactly as outlined: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._step_fix.html

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

mine is was like that a couple of mins ago. but i had everything backed up kept on doing battery pulls, until it got me to the home screen. had a password and once i got to the last letter blanked out. so didnt even touch the password. just hooked it up to the computer, backing up right now. i needed this phone by tonight lol. but yes had to do about 10 battery pulls until homescreen came up before it blacked out. and just started it right now and works great.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

nvm scratch that out. i took out battery to put back in sim card, media card, back to the red lights.

imjuscrazy no está en línea Stack level 1
    it seems that everyone with a blackberry pearl can't do this...i did some googling and a lot of the people that the whole "restore OS" trick hasn't worked for have had blackberry pearls. I myself am stuck with this dead blackberry.

What happens is, when you do the OS restore. It loads up everything fine. But then when you go to the second step "Device Initialization" it goes back into the constant restart mode with the hourglass. So the AppLoader can't recognize a BBerry constantly turning on and off. Anyone have any other suggestions? Or maybe something I'm doing wrong?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast