Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have been using my blackberry for 2 months and it has been working perfectly ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

faisals no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry won't start

Advertisement

I have been using my blackberry for 2 months and it has been working perfectly fine. I got it from T mobile and just 2 days ago i loaded the lastest OS update from T mobile 4.2.0.64 and when i woke up this morning the blackberry displays an hour glass than screen goes out and the red light comes up and this keeps happening in a cycle. I have tried taking out the battery but when put the battery back in same thing happens. I'm currently abroad therefore cannot even goto tmobile help. Can anyone help?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Blackberry won't start

have you tried a backup and restore, this might help. the only other thing i'm thinking is that you might need to reinstall the os. somebody will be a along to correct me if i'm wrong. hope that helps,
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

fome no está en línea Stack level 2

have you figured this out? i'm having the same problem.

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by faisals
    I have been using my blackberry for 2 months and it has been working perfectly fine. I got it from T mobile and just 2 days ago i loaded the lastest OS update from T mobile 4.2.0.64 and when i woke up this morning the blackberry displays an hour glass than screen goes out and the red light comes up and this keeps happening in a cycle. I have tried taking out the battery but when put the battery back in same thing happens. I'm currently abroad therefore cannot even goto tmobile help. Can anyone help?
    diaz1023 is exactly correct. You're BB Pearl is going to need the OS reinstalled. If you are on T-Mobile, go to the T-Mobile site, under BB upgrade (sorry, site won't let me post the url)
    and load the device software. You will need to do first install the file to your computer, then open Desktop Manager, and install the new OS via Application loader. It usually takes 30 minutes or so to load a new OS onto the device (little more if you backup the data on the handheld).

This has resolved the "hourglass of death" issue caused by a JVM or OS corruption every time for our users. Hope this helps.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Lol, hourglass of death!

the os reinstall and it still doesn't work. constantly restarts and all that jazz.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

how about the restore option?

restore doesn't fix it. when it goes to dim it restarts.

I tried the app loader to reinstall os. Now the hour glass doesn't even appear anymore and the red light flashes 2x and while erasing all data after three progress boxes the device it gives a: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

I have also tried to wipe it by using java loader, but it gives unable to open port. I have already tried the java commander. When i try to wipe the device it says unable to open port. Also, if i try other commands like deviceinfo, or anything it says unable to open port. Any help? The computer does detect the device when it is plugged into USB port, but the destop manager does not connect to it, and when the APP loader tries to install the program it gives the communication error mentioned above.

PLease help

garzag3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have t-mobile and the blackberry pearl and have the same problem. They told me to upgrade my software, and if that doesn't work to do a master reset.
    Master Reset:You go to menu, options, general settings, hit menu, hit wipe handheld.
    Make sure you backup all numbers and any important info it will erase everything!!! I did this today, so I don't know if this has solved all my problems yet. But that is what they told me to do. If this doesn't work for my phone I'm going to call them back and bitch them out, because this phone is freakin $350 and it won't turn on. That's some b.s.
    Also you have a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the phone. I have been trying to get them to send me a new phone, but they will do everything possible to avoid this. In my opinion, great concept for a phone, shitty result. A phone is supposed to be able to make calls, that is it's basic purpose. My phone has had the "hourglass of death" for 2 days straight and finally decided it would turn on today.

No one has any clue?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I still have nothing...Faisals I'll bump this so hopefully an expert can get a look at it.

Mike237548 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem.. i did the daylight savings time update and an hour late my phone restarted and went into the HOUR GLASS OF DOOM! i waiting two days and it is still like that so i just called tmobile and they gave me a bunch of ways to reinstall the os which didnt work so now they are sending me a new phone. If your still having this problem try calling them, tell them nothing works get a new phone

i got a replacement pearl from tmobile. problem fixed.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Mike237548, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your Replacement BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast