I have recently (within the past month) started getting really weird emails on my blackberry. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

KellyCooper no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry virus?

Advertisement

I have recently (within the past month) started getting really weird emails on my blackberry. I have 2 gmail accounts set up and it only happens on one of them. I also have Mozilla Thunderbird but don't ever open it (the emails show up on there as well but NOT on my Gmail web page- not even as spam) The emails go like this......
    I get the original email from a legitimate source. I then get a second email almost immediately after with a subject of "hi RE:whatever the subject of the original email was" except this email says it came from my own email address. This email is some sort of spam saying that they are a computer wholesaler and want me to go to their website (I never have).
    I am getting sick of every email from this one address coming in double with one of them being spam. Any ideas?

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    G mails security system for setting up a new account HAS been compromised the captcha system can be by passed with redily avaiable OCR software that comes with most printers. that said google has their hands full trying to fix it. this will allow spammers to send mass mailings out with out having to spoof the sending account.. sorry for the bad news but thats the reality.... google up gmail/captcha/ocr or key words along that line and you will find ithe artical

phil

KellyCooper no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just fixed it. It turns out that the emails I was getting were actually sent emails. I had my blackberry set up to send a copy of all sent mail into my inbox. Otherwise I would never have figured out this was happening. Someone had hacked my gmail account and set up a vacation response which then replied to every email I received.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    FYI - to date there is no known blackberry virus. The closest that was ever developed was a 'proof of concept' virus that simply manipulated the bluetooth connection to distribute itself to other blackberry devices with bluetooth enabled. It still required heavy user input to be considered a true virus, and did nothing beyond sending itself out.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    G mails security system for setting up a new account HAS been compromised the captcha system can be by passed with redily avaiable OCR software that comes with most printers. that said google has their hands full trying to fix it. this will allow spammers to send mass mailings out with out having to spoof the sending account.. sorry for the bad news but thats the reality.... google up gmail/captcha/ocr or key words along that line and you will find ithe artical

phil
    Im Thinking you were reading a Google Hoax.