Hello All, I just took apart my Pearl's trackball and cleaned it. Now trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

.:igarek:. no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Trackball

Advertisement

Hello All,

I just took apart my Pearl's trackball and cleaned it. Now trying to put it back together and a little confused as to where the metal clip goes? I cant attach a pic since i'm a level 1 member, but can someone please assist me in this? if you have a pic of where this clip goes it would be better.

Thanks.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check this out here. Just what you need.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f78/track...ictures-38395/

.:igarek:. no está en línea Stack level 1
    I already looked at that post, but I can't seem to figure out where the metal ring goes.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry can't really help ya then.

gearupflapsup no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Later models of the same trackball do not use the metal ring. Think about reinstalling without it.Most experts I talked to recommended reinstalling without the ring.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    There should be FOUR prongs.... Line them up so they are in the four sides...North, South East and West.

The prongs on the trackball itself have to be left and right. They snap in.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Metal ring? Are you talking about the piece that fits over the trackball? Basically, place the trackball into where you took it out from. Then, place the ring over the trackball and pop it in. Follow the instructions posted by grym....

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by gearupflapsup View Post
    Later models of the same trackball do not use the metal ring. Think about reinstalling without it.Most experts I talked to recommended reinstalling without the ring.
    Then most experts are morons. The new design does not have a ring, but it covers the opening.

If you put this together without the ring you open your device up to water damage, dust and PIZZA damage. as the entire internal working of the trackball is exposed. On the new devices the opening is smaller than on the earlier devices. Even if you order the new black trackball for a curve, you still need the ring or the workings are exposed.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via smartphone~
    Igarek maybe I missed it, though didn't see illustration of placement in above link.
    There are three retaining prongs on the bottom of the ring. They are positioned at 9-6-3 o'clock, then gently press into place

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Guys , he's talking about the metal ring underneath the plastic outer chrome ring. In the tutorial that was linked above, he is working on a pearl that still has the metal ring. I believe it goes on the top of the trackball assembly, it looks like it fits around the white plastic of the assembly.~via smartphone~

rigormortisrob no está en línea Stack level 1
    you know, I often find myself in this position after taking apart electronics, car, etc... Buddy of mine suggested I use my video camera to record myself while I work. Little late for you (and me on too many occasions) but I'm definitely going to do it next time

justpassntime no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Why??

Morons for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Then most experts are morons. The new design does not have a ring, but it covers the opening.

If you put this together without the ring you open your device up to water damage, dust and PIZZA damage. as the entire internal working of the trackball is exposed. On the new devices the opening is smaller than on the earlier devices. Even if you order the new black trackball for a curve, you still need the ring or the workings are exposed.
    Would have to agree!

What I have found is that most experts don't have a clue or common sense. If you break the word down you end up with EX = has been and Pert (derived from spurt) = drip under pressure. Clearly neither of these very attractive by themselves and doubly so when joined. So beware of the expert.

No matter which metal ring (only one of which is actually metal) we are talking about, holds the whole thing together. You need both.
    Last edited by justpassntime; 05-08-2009 at 09:11 AM.