ok guys now i am kind of upset. i tried to get a prepaid service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazilly no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry prepaid sevice problem

Advertisement

ok guys now i am kind of upset. i tried to get a prepaid service for my 8120 and then noticed that it was not active. i called customer care and they said that RIM locked that part so it the service wont work?? Any help would nice thanks =[

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    there are not any carriers offering prepaid service for blackberries . i had a vzw on prepay way back and it was not suported , but however i went to rims site and set up the bis . so try the carriers bis page and register the pin and set up some e mail accounts if you can . it worked for me but was blocked many months later. the carrier has to activate the device and then it needs to be registered on rims network . do you have any data to the device?if so it may be possible , but rim would need payed for its service by some one .and thats up to the provider to do .if your pying for a black berry data plan it should work but if your not and the provider does not offer berry data plans you will need to get a real post payed account or go t mo as they offer month to month service if you pay up front each month , its kind of like prepayed service that way .
    good luck

well what i think is the problem is that the phone was on a carrier before this one and now it cant accept the settings of the carrier i want to use now. i tried signing up for it online on their site and it gave me a message that the account has been suspended. does anyone know how to remove an email account that could have been setup with another carrier?? and how do i register my phone on rims network??
    Last edited by krazilly; 02-26-2009 at 02:39 AM.

ok people i contacted the carrier i am using now which is digicel and they said that there is a lock/barring on the phone. is they said that they can get rid of it if i have a receipt which i dont. is there any other way to get rid of it so i can use their BIS??

TillyTann no está en línea Stack level 1
    You'll need to speak with whoever owned the phone before you to get the account deleted
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~