i have the BB pearl and my boy at work has the Q...we always argue ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Pearl Vs Motorola Q....?

Advertisement

i have the BB pearl and my boy at work has the Q...we always argue bout who's phone is better...lol
    like...

1. He can sync his cable box with his phone and watch his cable box on his phone
    2. He has his phone set so he can go through folders on his home pc (i think the BB pearl can do that just not sure how...SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN)

so which is the better phone?

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry Pearl Vs Motorola Q....?

The Q is OK - not crazy about the form factor GoodLink is a pretty good mail client/server, if he's using it. Why would anyone want to watch tv on their phone? Maybe a movie on a plane, but don't we all spend enough time in front of our monitors at work as it is?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Moto Q? " hack, hack " Excuse me, I got a little bit of that vomit taste in the back of my throat.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the Pearl but would get the "Q" if I was buying now. You get all the features of the Q and its OS and can soon run the virtual BB program from RIM so you get the best of both worlds.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Renagade
    i have the BB pearl and my boy at work has the Q...we always argue bout who's phone is better...lol
    like...

1. He can sync his cable box with his phone and watch his cable box on his phone
    2. He has his phone set so he can go through folders on his home pc (i think the BB pearl can do that just not sure how...SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN)

you can view your pc folders on your pearl. chk the link.Its free!
    https://www.soonr.com/web/front/home.jsp

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Renagade
    like...

DJ, have you checked out Avvenu? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ckberry-2.html.

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the software I will check out avvenu when I get home. I tried soonr but no luck gettin it to work

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

LOL Q compared to Pearl..LOL I had the Q screw that thing. It makes me angry even thinking about that phone.

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

I have the q. I am getting the BB Pearl tomorrow. #1, verizon overcharges like WOAH. #2, I get less than 1 day of battery life. I'll take the cxl fee and get 1 year with tmobile for 50 more on the phone.

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

ive heard the q lags a crap load. thats what restricted me from buying one and got a pearl instead.

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a friend who loves the Q, but I'm trying to convince him that BB is the way to go.

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Quote Originally Posted by DunkHype
    ive heard the q lags a crap load. thats what restricted me from buying one and got a pearl instead.
    I can agree with this. Well it is also a problem that when you open a program, then you have to go into the task manager to close it.

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3

The Q is cool and the stereo Bluetooth is great, but VZW is a joke and I really didn't care for the control "button" pad on the Q. And the black is the only color I would even consider but all in all the Pearl rules!!!
    http://www.acjphotography.com
    "POWERFUL PEOPLE IMPRESS AND INTIMIDATE BY SAYING LESS..."

eaglesoccer no está en línea Stack level 1

I used to work for Verizon and had a Q. Funny thing is I am actually selling my Q today... hehe. I'm not going to lie, I liked it a lot - but the it was one of the most unstable Smartphones I have had. The full QWERTY keyboard was nice, and so was the slim form factor... but you would sacrifice for battery life. With the same usage that I am getting out of my Pearl, I needed the extended life battery (which kills the "slim" factor) and a standard battery just to get me through the day. Sure, watching TV from it was possible, but you would need to buy a Slingbox or have Media Center hooked up and stream through ORB (can anyone say buffering?) All in all, switching to the Pearl was a great dicision. The Q really can't compare with the e-mail and multiple functionality the Pearl offers in such a little package, unless you enjoy this doing a couple battery pulls a day. Go with the Pearl.