Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I get a crappy signal at my house where I used to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sammyjojo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2747

Re: Blackberry pearl t-mobile signal reception

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I get a crappy signal at my house where I used to get a decent signal on my crappy old phone on sprints network, but after switching to tmobile my signal has been spotty in a lot of places. I was going to wait till my 14 day return period was close to ending before I decided if it was bad enough and now that I'm past the return period, I still think the reception is spotty, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it now. I'm going to try the foil thing though to see if it improves my signal at home

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by eieio
    As a long time cell phone user, but a brand new Blackberry user, i have to say that with all the bugs and quirks of the 8100, it is a remarkable device. The RF reception that this thread is about, I can only say that it is absolutely remarkable for me in a big city/urban environment. No phone i've ever used, and most of them are those "imported from overseas" type of phones, have been anywhere as good as this. The reception is more like double that of my recent phones: the I-Mate SP5, and previous to that, a Sony Ericsson. This is a complete surprise to me: i purchased this phone based on the form factor, the emailing capabilities (push), the web abilities, the quad band, and importantly, the novel-but-tried-out-for-2-years keyboard that is brilliant in my book.

there are a number of bugs that i've discovered, which many others have as well: i.e. the pearl/track ball turning off the ringing when you're trying to take it out of your pocket (how ludicrously annoying!), gmail not opening up properly...

overall, i find this 8100 to be remarkably excellent. and, vis-a-vis this thread, the RF reception is beyond good - it is the best i've ever used (please do bear in mind that i'm only talking my own experience in a heavily urban environment).

Best to all!
    I'm with this guy, lol. I don't know if the QWERTY blackberries just have insane reception, but my 8100 is better than any cell phone I have ever owned in the past 10 years. I am able to get great reception everywhere. I had Cingular before and they generally are regarded as having great signal. Well, there would be times I'd have 3-4 bars and it just drops the call, both my wife and I on two different phones. I also question how much people on these forums use their blackberries as phones. Mine is a phone first, everything else second, and I have zero complaints about phone reception, sound quality, etc.

brad2292 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys I work for tmobile so if you're having any issues with your signal give our customercare a call from your bb by dialing 611 and we'll trouble shoot it for you and try to get the issue resolved we don't want any unhappy customers out there. So let us know

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

brad2292, Welcome to PinStack. Good to have more Carrier employees on board.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a hit or miss signal at my house, but that is consistent with the coverage map. The coverage near and around my employer is excellent, but that is also in a large city. I have found T-Mobile to be a good carrier, but the signal strength is not nearly as good as it was when I was on Verizon.

coreysr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24426C48

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree this pearl has more bars over any cell I've had in my area I get service at home when before it was spotty

wing2299 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just bought the 8100 and compared with my old Moto V3 using the same SIM, the 8100 has weak signal strength. My V3 got full bar but my 8100 only got 2 or 3.

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Prior to recently getting my 8100, I had been using a Razr V3 with T-Mobile for over a year. I rarely had signal problems. There were a couple of times that I actually was able to select an alternative network (Cingular), which had a better signal. Apparently tmo and Cingular share some towers. I registered on the network and it worked just fine. I called tmo support and asked if I could expect a bill from Cingular. They said no bill would appear, and they were right.
    I upgraded to a Pearl about a month ago and have not noticed any difference in reception. So far I have not needed to see if I have an alternate network available.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I vote pearl. Reason being, I have an 8700 and an 8100, and the 8100 will lose reception before and more often than the 87.
    I had the exact OPPOSITE problem. I get great coverage wherever I am on my Pearl. However, it wasn't the case with the 7105t I had. That thing would drop a signal in my own house every night like clockwork LOL

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob
    I'm with this guy, lol. I don't know if the QWERTY blackberries just have insane reception, but my 8100 is better than any cell phone I have ever owned in the past 10 years. I am able to get great reception everywhere. I had Cingular before and they generally are regarded as having great signal. Well, there would be times I'd have 3-4 bars and it just drops the call, both my wife and I on two different phones. I also question how much people on these forums use their blackberries as phones. Mine is a phone first, everything else second, and I have zero complaints about phone reception, sound quality, etc.
    In my past experience they do. I went thru 2 7730's in 2 weeks because of poor reception in my house. I couldn't even take it travelling because it would lose signal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12