Just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue: My pearl is starting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

J0dy77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl Screen Issue.

Advertisement

Just curious to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue:

My pearl is starting to collect a huge amount of dust underneath the screen between the actual screen and the protective plastic on the outside case. It is extremely noticable in some lighting and just down right annoying.

I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to clean it or has the same issue?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Blackberry Pearl Screen Issue.

Jody, have you tried the canned air to clean the dust out?

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Jody, have you tried the canned air to clean the dust out?
    I just purchased a refillable compressed air duster from Staples.
    If the links don't work try searching on the word CO2 for this product - "Digital Innovations Air Doctor Blaster Co2":
    Staples US:
    http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

Staples Canada:
    http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...affixedcode=WW

It works great and has refillable cartridges. Now it says not to use anything but its own 16 gram carts but I have successfully used a 12 gram cart (airgun type) with no appart ill effects. 1 cartridge will easily dust off 3-4 keyboards extremely well.

Bill

J0dy77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the feedback. I used a compressed air can and removed a lot of the buildup around the corners of the screen. It seems to have helped a lot but now there are just random dust particles all over the screen, much less than before but still there. Really bad design flaw in my opinion.

I wonder if any of the skins would prevent this from occuring.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

J0dy, if you take a look at a pearl being taken apart (there's some thread around here or the bbf board) you will notice it's not really... breathable (eh)? I mean by that, there's no matching little "in" and an "out" area on the phone for where dust could have built up, so if you use a can of air, the dust inside is going to swirl around and some by the screen really has no place to go and resettle.

If you're brave, you can follow the instructions to take the pearl around and then clean the pearl's components.