Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lol Mac. You know all the people on here are hardcore bb users so we ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BlackBerry Pearl Quality Sucks - Full of Bugs

Advertisement

Lol Mac. You know all the people on here are hardcore bb users so we could care less about him and his "oh this phone sucks" opinion because we all know it is a great phone

JoshB no está en línea Stack level 2

Sounds like you've got some serious OS problems. Before you go bashing the product, try to make your problems better for yourself and so some research instead of just complaining here.

If you just upgrade your OS, I can guarantee that 3/4 of your problems would go away, if not all.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

If you didnt read the last 14 posts..

I'd bank on an OS problem :P!

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Os, os, os. I think its time for an upgrade!!

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

PICNIC - Problem is In Chair, Not In Computer

LOL a little help desk acronym someone told me once...

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

YAY I'm finally a level three stacker! (is it sad that it excites me? lol)

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

if you don't trust the well informed board members, trust Cnet.com

Blackberry Pearl Review

you will find a dozen similar reviews of the pearl ranging from 4/5 stars to 7-8 outta 10. you really had an isolated experience with the product.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    if you don't trust the well informed board members, trust Cnet.com

Blackberry Pearl Review

you will find a dozen similar reviews of the pearl ranging from 4/5 stars to 7-8 outta 10. you really had an isolated experience with the product.
    Nice one Blackninja, and if you look at the user reviews on that same site, most of the people give it about a 9/10. Not bad for a piece of crap!

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

I hate to be ever the contrarian. But I can't believe that the consensus opinion is for a new OS! Come on people- check yourselves once in a while.
    The phone is 10 days old, and no OS BB ever produced would cause all of the problems cited, least of all 2-phone call battery life. Sometimes the best advice is to just return it for a new one...

And just so you all know I'm an equal opportunity contrarian- that's a real thorough survey you've got going there Calgary, an entire product line conclusively trashed based on a sample of one. But since mine is fine, based on your math, we can now conclude that only 50% of all Pearls suck...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by CalgarySimon
    Sorry to make this conclusion. I had high expectation when I ordered it from Rogers 10 days ago. However, problems keep on coming.

1. Voice dialing works very poor from the beginning. No practical usage in real life

2. Voice dialing totally stopped working after updating some of my contacts. Removing blank names and special characters didn’t solve the problem. Re-install everything (application & data) didn’t work either. Had to remove hundreds of suspected contacts from my list to get rid of the issue.

3. BlackBerry frozen/crashed during an ordinary phone call (calling out from Pearl), didn't recover till an hour later and showed Msg "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app (47) is not responding. Process terminated." Help desk said “- It happens randomly to all BlackBerry once every 3~4 months, esp. if call log is too long (hundreds). Can remove the battery, wait for 20 seconds, and let it restart”. My log was only 20 something.

4. When receiving phone calls, can hear the ring & see display, but sometimes all keyboard including the trackball didn’t response to any key press. It happened twice already in less than 2 days.

5. Startup is very slow, more like a PC instead of a PDA

6. Battery sucks. In the morning the battery was full, after 2 phone calls (only a few minutes long) and 12 hour usage (most time in standby mode), battery status already shows red.

IMHO, RIM did a very poor quality control on the BlackBerry Pearl. I’ll have to return it.

This kind of unstable product will kill my business.
    1. I don't use voice dialing and I hate it when it starts up when I try to put it in my Fortte Open Face Case (form fitting for the Pearl that works with the OEM and Slim Extended Batteries).

2. See #1. I would like to find a way to disable or totally remove it from the device if possible.

3. This happened to me twice while updating software and swapping batteries. I just got a replacement Pearl 2 days ago and the issues were solved.

4. I had issues with my first Pearl with the trackball not responding but an extra gentle press on the trackball helped it.

5. That shouldn't be. My Pearls started up in less than 15 seconds unless I was performing an OS upgrade (up to 30 minutes).

6. This is true if you use your Pearl as much as I do. I ordered 2 extended batteries from www.seidioonline.com I got the Slim Extended Battery and the standard Extended Battery kits. Work perfectly and give me up to 13 hours of use.

I would ask for a replacement Pearl just like I had to. If you like SureType, don't let one Pearl discourage you. I had to follow my own advice last week but this second Pearl is my 10th BB in several years LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-08-2007 at 01:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12