Right now I'm still within the 30 day trial of my Blackberry 8100 and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mikefly562 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl or Treo 680/750??

Advertisement

Right now I'm still within the 30 day trial of my Blackberry 8100 and I have until this Saturday to decide what to do. I like my red Pearl, but it seems that the Treo 680 (Palm OS) or 750 (Win Mobile)would have been a better buy. With the Treo's I don't have to pay 200 to edit documents or store files on my SD card (using eOffice). With the Treo, there just seems to be a lot more features with having to spend more money. If I go with the eOffice, then I would have spent more on s/w than the Pearl itself.

I'm surprised that RIM doesn't add more features to the Blackberry to be more competitive with the Treo.

While it seems that BB is so popular, I don't know if a made a good choice by getting the Pearl, even though I do like it, but perhaps the newer Treos are alot better...any thoughts?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Blackberry Pearl or Treo 680/750??

I have the following:
    Treo 750W
    Pearl 8100
    8700BB

I hate the Treo...Nice toy when it works and isn't locking up coming out of standby, but that's about it.

Just my opinion, but its coming from someone who has one of both that you are comparing.

This may also help a little bit:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ry_8700_a.html

mikefly562 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Pearl or Treo 680/750??

Wow...great comparison! I have been getting quite a fe wlooks with my new red peral, and several coworkers are getting Pearls now. As for the Suretype....so far not too bad. I'm getting used to it.

I looked at the 8800, but it did not have a camera, and since I do field work, sometimes I need to take a picture and send it back for my job. For a 1.3 MP camera, the photos come out very nice.

I just wish that RIM can incorporate better on phone storage and retrival capability without having to resort to eOffice.

Hopefully OpenOffice.org can come out with a free alternative to eOffice someday.