I was updating my blackberry pearl, and the update did not complete. Now my pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

KYoung4131 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question blackberry pearl no longer works after trying to update it using desktop manager

Advertisement

I was updating my blackberry pearl, and the update did not complete. Now my pearl has a circle on the screen with a circle, square, and triangle in it, and the number 507 underneath. I cannot turn the phone on or off. I have tried taking the battery out and it still does the same thing when I put the battery back in the pearl. I tried connecting the the computer again via usb and the computer does not recognize the blackberry. I do not know if everything is erased or not. I have no idea what to do. Please help!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: blackberry pearl no longer works after trying to update it using desktop manager

Try this thread and see if it helps you.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: blackberry pearl no longer works after trying to update it using desktop manager

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Try this thread and see if it helps you.
    yeah that should solve your problem, just make sure you have the latest version of Desktop manager, because there are some corrupted DM installs out there on the cd's that came with the BlackBerries

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah I agree with the 2 above posts..Should help you out man. I followed the first time my os crashed and it brought i back to life, Took about 20 to 30 minutes to boot back up after the os install but it has worked fine since.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Word of advice, have plenty of time to download and install the new desktop software. I've been sitting at buffalo wild wings on wifi since noon. It's 2:35 now and the installation just finished! Have to reboot before I can check it out. I'll do that at home. Good luck! Hope I have the same. LOL