Ok, so me and my wife both got the Pearl phones a few weeks ago. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Pearl + iTunes...

Advertisement

Ok, so me and my wife both got the Pearl phones a few weeks ago. I was wondering if there was a way to add music from our iTunes account which is both purchased and music that we downloaded from our cd's, onto our media cards. I have tried using the Media Manager for Blackberry, but it doesnt work. So I wonder if there is a setting of some sort that I can change in iTunes to do that. Thanks for you help!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry Pearl + iTunes...

I don't think the OS support Mp3 with DRM crap sorry. Get some evil and pirated normal MP3s :P

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm interested in this as well. Currently I don't have a 4.2 device so I havn't looked into it yet. A buddy of mine says that the "Hymn project program" works well in getting rid of the protection that iTunes adds to its music. after that he can simply drag and drop.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD

I haven't had a problem using my itunes music. I've just bypassed the media manager and loaded it directly to my memory card. When you first plug into the usb (if you have a micro sd in) the BB will ask if you want to enter mass storage mode. Just pick yes and your pc will recognize it as a removable disk. Then just copy to it as you would a flash drive etc...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    DRM sucks. Music from your cds that you put into iTunes you can drag and drop to your pearl. You could try that program to get rid of DRM. Other than that you would have to burn the music to a disc and then rerip the music.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    Ok, so me and my wife both got the Pearl phones a few weeks ago. I was wondering if there was a way to add music from our iTunes account which is both purchased and music that we downloaded from our cd's, onto our media cards. I have tried using the Media Manager for Blackberry, but it doesnt work. So I wonder if there is a setting of some sort that I can change in iTunes to do that. Thanks for you help!
    For the iTunes music (aac files) you have to burn them to CD and re-rip them as DRM free mp3's in order for them to work. You will also have to set the default settings for ripping from CD to mp3 because by default it's aac files which the Blackberry can't read. Once you have your music in mp3 format you should be just fine.

- Ben

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    For the iTunes music (aac files) you have to burn them to CD and re-rip them as DRM free mp3's in order for them to work. You will also have to set the default settings for ripping from CD to mp3 because by default it's aac files which the Blackberry can't read. Once you have your music in mp3 format you should be just fine.

- Ben
    Just what I was going to say. Well put.

Ben is correct.

GP

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Just make a folder in Music on the card and you can drag stuff right from the iTunes library into that folder (not any purchased tracks). But beware on one thing: if you drag a playlist of tracks it won't play them in the order you had them in on iTunes. It'll play them according to the track numbers even though they will appear in correct order in the folder on the Pearl's card. I don't know why, but that's the way it works for me. It must have to do with the Media player on the Pearl.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Quote Originally Posted by BBschmuck
    I haven't had a problem using my itunes music. I've just bypassed the media manager and loaded it directly to my memory card. When you first plug into the usb (if you have a micro sd in) the BB will ask if you want to enter mass storage mode. Just pick yes and your pc will recognize it as a removable disk. Then just copy to it as you would a flash drive etc...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I try that.

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    I'm interested in this as well. Currently I don't have a 4.2 device so I havn't looked into it yet. A buddy of mine says that the "Hymn project program" works well in getting rid of the protection that iTunes adds to its music. after that he can simply drag and drop.
    Tried it, didnt work

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

- Ben
    Try this.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

or you could buy a mac and use the missing sync for black berry it sync's itunes and the BB perfectly.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the Blackberry does read AAC files. Not wma though.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines

Tried it, didnt work
    Sorry
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

- Ben
    This is what I had to do while I used to use RealPlayer for music, Looks like i wll have to keep using this method. I was just hoping someone knew a way around it. Thanks though

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

Go to http://www.markspace.com and check it out. To my understanding (granted, I just briefly skimmed through it), it looks like it will sync iTunes and iPhoto (if you're on a Mac) to your Berry.