Yesterday my blackberry pearl fell in the lake while canoeing (I know it was stupid ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lalaina11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl in water HELP!

Advertisement

Yesterday my blackberry pearl fell in the lake while canoeing (I know it was stupid of me to bring it). It was in the water for less than 1minute.
    It would not turn on and still wont.
    This morning, I disassembled it (took out batter and sim card) and ensured that I dry it as best as possible.
    I read a bunch of posts about ppl who have had the same problem and they say that it takes a couple of days for it to totally dry and many have actually put the phone in the oven wrapped in a blanket to speed up the drying process.
    I am concerned because I did not take the battery out until today and I am scared that it short circuited.
    Can someone please tell me if I should get a new phone/ a new battery or if my phone will eventually be okay.
    I need this phone for work so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks,

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Sorry to hear that mate, the 1st thing which you should have done as you mentioned is to have removed the battery and left it to dry. Hope you have insurance so you can put a claim through if it does not turn on again. All the best with the recovery
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    stick it in a bag of rice for a few days all taken apart. Leave it there in a sunny window. Check it out in a day or two and see what happens.

Hubs jumped in the pool to grab our son with his BB on his belt...it was SOAKED....didn't take anything out, he sent me a text....I told him to take out the batt...well, took an hour or two and it was good as new.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Thanks
    I will try the rice in a bag trick and hope for the best.
    Should I get a new battery?
    THere is a red dot on the side ...I've heard that it turns from white to red it is a bad sign..

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Well the turning red means it was exposed to moisture. After drying out your phone it may work fine for a while, but I'll bet you'll have wierd problems later. See how it goes but I predict a new BB in the future.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    As DCook said the sticker turning red is just for the store reps to look at when people take them back trying to exchange phones that have had water damage under the warranty, hopefully as mentioned above you have insurance, if so then it would be wise to just file a claim and replace it.. Also I hope that you had recently done a backup of all your information....

I guess I better just get a new phone. Since I just recently got this phone (last week!) i dont have insurance or a backup of the information....