Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

okay but everything else works is their anyway i can unlock it at all i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tntlilpimp no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

okay but everything else works is their anyway i can unlock it at all i dont mind spending $30 for a program that will unlock the phone for me

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you can return the phone, return the phone. We all get you are trying to unlock it, but unlocking it will not solve your ALT key not working issue. That will hinder you in using the BB to it's full capabilities.

If you got it from the shop that told you nothing was wrong with it it just isn't working cause it's not unlocked, they are screwing you over.

If you're dead set on keeping it and getting it unlocked there are places that have unlock software - you download a client piece, pay them money, they send an unlock code to the software which is running on a PC that your BB is connected to via USB.

Again, I wouldn't invest more money in this if you can return the phone, or get a replacement that is fully working.

tntlilpimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    well any idea where i can get the client i need the phone unlcoked i have no time/money to uy a new phone right now and i really dont care about using the phone to the full capabilities i just want a phone to use to make calls

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just wrote a long response and it didn't post for some reason. Here we go again...

If you can return the phone or exchange it for a fully-functioning device, do so. It will severely hinder you having no working ALT key (you won't even be able to enter addresses in contacts properly).

If the shop that told you "nothings wrong with the hardware it just doesnt work " sold you the phone, you need to be more persistent. That is BS. An alt key not functioning will not start functioning after it's been unlocked.

Again, I strongly recommend returning the phone or exchanging it for a fully functioning device rather than wasting more money on a limited phone.

If you are deadset on getting it unlocked and having a gimped phone, there are unlocking services that have a client piece you download to your computer. You pay them their fee, hook up the phone to the USB, and the client software calls into their server and unlocks the phone. I haven't used those myself so I don't know if they require any keyboard input. Do a Google search on that, and make sure you contact them by e-mail first to make sure you don't need to use your BB keyboard at all.

Again, I would advise not putting any more money into this device, and getting a refund or exchange.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-08-2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Format edit

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Wish I could help ya but the best course of action is getting another device. The alt key is such an important button having a blackberry without one is not worth having at all. Let me recommend this site to you:

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8100-c-200_329.html

You may be able to find the parts to be able to repair it. Best of luck to you.

dolukalp no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Do a battery pull? Try and see what happens.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

spyonu32216 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Just a thought

I'm not sure if this will work. What if you tried to copy and paste the number into a field? Can't check right now, I'm gettin the update going

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12