Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a blackberry pearl 8100 and the screen went white all the sudden. there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dcreek no está en línea Stack level 1

Question blackberry pearl frozen white screen wont go away

Advertisement

I have a blackberry pearl 8100 and the screen went white all the sudden. there is no hourglass. i took the battery out numerous times and left it out for a couple minutes and the screen is still stuck white. i did a backup and restore - didnt work. I re-downloaded the OS software - didnt work. HELP!!! the screen is just stuck white

cafeina no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: blackberry pearl frozen white screen wont go away

I have see this type of thing happend when phones/PDA screens get too cold. Did you have it in a cold environment?

not cold no

that sucks

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

before you take your bb back, try this. it will wipe your bb clean as a baby's butt. you should then be able to load the os. of course, this is only if your bb is corrupted, and not hosed because of a hardware problem. keep us posted...

lilslam13 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem and had to send it back and got a brand new one

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I definately would recommend doing an exchange especially if you've already done the battery pull or a wipe and restore. Usually if your screen just stays white its a device issue and not a software issue. If your device just completely froze or just stayed on an hourglass while on a white screen then that's a different story. Let us know what you end up doing ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

derek505 no está en línea Stack level 1

Those of you that said you returned your pearl for a new one when you had this problem, how did you do it? I tried to contact blackberry but it seems you have to pay $50 if you want any kind of tech support if you are an individual and not a business. I bought the pearl from ebay so of course the person I bought it from won't help me. Its still under warranty, can't I send it back without having to pay for tech support?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Technically, if you bought it from Ebay you have no warranties from BB. Officially, none of the manufacturers support warranties for phones purchased from an non-authorized dealer or through a non-authorized method. I know from our experience that Ebay is not considered an authorized marketplace for new devices with warranties.

Zo.

glitterbug7186 no está en línea Stack level 1

mine is frozen on the white screen and it does have the hour glass can on it what is it that I can do. and how do i reboot it or refresh it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack .

Try this thread, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

stdpat12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry white screen possible fix

I think I have a fix. I'll explain what I did and please let me know if it works for you.

The problem: A completely, with an emphasis on completely, blank white screen. Occasionally, the phone appears slightly fuzzy, or glitchy. Also, the phone occasionally appears completely normal. The phone, in my case, worked fine despite the screen problems.

The fix: I found a thread about someone claiming that the four solder points behind the mini usb port somehow created a short behind the screen. The guide said to, first, completely disassemble your blackberry (sorry I don't have the guide here...could look for it today and send it to anyone that requests) After disassembled down to being able to see the green motherboard with the small screen attached, slightly and carefully peel the left side of the screen (the side that contains the mini usb port) a bit upwards until you can see the four solder points. For the laymen, these solder points are simply 4 grayish/silver spots. While taking care to not lift the screen excessively and leaving the majority still attached to the motherboard, take a piece of electrical tape, or any insulator and carefully put it over those four solder points.

Then, push screen back into position, reassemble, and test.

Please let me know if this works for you. My problem was solved instantly.

As for a second major problem of blackberry owners: if your phone will not sync with your computer and you have a bad mini usb port on your blackberry, it is probably because of the mini usb female port of your phone. A replacement of the port is the only solution I know of for this problem

As for a white screen with an hourglass: I think this is probably going to, usually, be a software problem and requires a reload of the operating system using your blackberry software on cd, or software directly from blackberry.com

-Philip

mbfevrier no está en línea Stack level 1
    Philip, does this work for the bold also? I bought a BB 9000 in October, and by November, the screen got broken. I recently got a new screen, of course making sure that it was the right one, because as you know, the Bold has three different screen types. I installed the screen and at first i was getting a black screen with the red light blinking twice, intermittently. Then, I reinstalled the OS, and from there all i've been getting is a blank white screen with no hourglass. I've tried removing and reinstalling the OS millions of times, but no dice. As a last resort, I took a shot at your suggestion, but that hasn't worked either. I'm really frustrated! Can anyone help me PLEASE?!?!?!

stdpat12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearls, Curves,...and now it seems Bolds experience the same

Yes, I think the problem will occur with the Blackberry Bold also. I have noticed this problem occurs with both Pearls and Curves, so I'd say it is safe to assume that Bold's are also likely to experience the same problems.

philsup no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up White screen

Quote Originally Posted by stdpat12 View Post
    I think I have a fix. I'll explain what I did and please let me know if it works for you.

The problem: A completely, with an emphasis on completely, blank white screen. Occasionally, the phone appears slightly fuzzy, or glitchy. Also, the phone occasionally appears completely normal. The phone, in my case, worked fine despite the screen problems.

The fix: I found a thread about someone claiming that the four solder points behind the mini usb port somehow created a short behind the screen. The guide said to, first, completely disassemble your blackberry (sorry I don't have the guide here...could look for it today and send it to anyone that requests) After disassembled down to being able to see the green motherboard with the small screen attached, slightly and carefully peel the left side of the screen (the side that contains the mini usb port) a bit upwards until you can see the four solder points. For the laymen, these solder points are simply 4 grayish/silver spots. While taking care to not lift the screen excessively and leaving the majority still attached to the motherboard, take a piece of electrical tape, or any insulator and carefully put it over those four solder points.

Then, push screen back into position, reassemble, and test.

Please let me know if this works for you. My problem was solved instantly.

As for a second major problem of blackberry owners: if your phone will not sync with your computer and you have a bad mini usb port on your blackberry, it is probably because of the mini usb female port of your phone. A replacement of the port is the only solution I know of for this problem

As for a white screen with an hourglass: I think this is probably going to, usually, be a software problem and requires a reload of the operating system using your blackberry software on cd, or software directly from blackberry.com

-Philip
    Great help. It worked for me. I took the phone apart and you can see that the frame of the LCD screen crosses the two soldier joints shorting them out. I put a piece of tape there and the screen came to life. Great post. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast