ok ok so i'm a cheap bas*ard lol! but, when i saw this site (wirelessbuy ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

g12
    g12 no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry pearl for free?

Advertisement

ok ok so i'm a cheap bas*ard lol!

but, when i saw this site (wirelessbuy dot com) [unfortunately i cannot post a URL since I'm only a stack one ]where you can get the pearl for free after $50 MIR , i decided to hold off for a little while on buying it for $319.99 at the local corp. store (1 year contract extension)

so my question is.. do you guys think the corp stores and/or local retailers will drop pricing in the next couple of weeks? I want to buy it with the 1-year contract extension since I'm on Tmo right now (but don't qualify for the $50 MIR). I'm hoping I can find a price of $200 or less (with the 1 year extension) if I wait a few weeks.. what are your guys' opinions? I'm willing to wait a few weeks, but NOT a few months..

and yes i know, i'm cheap. and i'm ok with that lol.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Re: blackberry pearl for free?

funny you should mention www.wirelessbuy.com that is where i got my 8700 shipping was fast and phone is great. I recommend them a strong buy

graingerange no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry bud....won't happen. I work for tmo. You aren't fully qualified for a discount and doing a 1 yr extension won't help either. Since the Pearl is exclusive to TMO right now, the price prolly won't move. Sorry man.....but anyway....how do you like it? I just ordered mine today!!!! I still have my 8700 tho.....dunno what to do with that!

g12

thanks for the feedback.. of course i wouldnt be surprised if tmo policies and their corp. stores retain this pricing for quite a while (into 2007 and later).

i was just surprised to see the pearl on wirelessbuy.com for free after MIR, so soon. i mean this handset only came out yesterday for gods sake.

so i was hoping-- if they can offer it for $50 before rebate with a new 2yr contract, why can't they also offer competitive pricing for 1-year extensions deals.. i.e. a price better than the $319.99 price my local tmo corp. store quoted?

if no one can beat this price in the next few weeks, not a problem i'll pay the $319.99.. but figured i'd make sure first

Quote Originally Posted by graingerange
    Sorry bud....won't happen. I work for tmo. You aren't fully qualified for a discount and doing a 1 yr extension won't help either. Since the Pearl is exclusive to TMO right now, the price prolly won't move. Sorry man.....but anyway....how do you like it? I just ordered mine today!!!! I still have my 8700 tho.....dunno what to do with that!

phab22 no está en línea Stack level 1

You will NOT see a brick and mortar come close to online 99% of the time. Due to rent, staffing costs, etc... It sounds like an awesome deal and if another stacker has bought from them with a good experience I would jump on it and not wait around hoping for your local stores.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

yea i saw this one too.... I got my 8700g there and it was great.. the only CON is.. they still haven't send me bluetooth headset that was suppose to come with the 8700g.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah, sorry but the price definitely not going down for at least a couple months, and maybe longer. The earliest you will see the price go down would be when Cingular gets it, but maybe not even then. Plus, to get the best price from T-Mobile you have to qualify for an upgrade and do a 2 year contract extension. The only other option would be to have someone else start a new contract for you, like a wife, girlfriend, etc. Otherwise you just gotta bite the bullet.

g12

thanks for the feedback guys. I will be getting the pearl, but may just wait a couple of weeks to see if the local stores *may* do better on pricing. (there are some stores in asian areas that just always offer better pricing for example, so we'll see) i don't expect to necessarily get it for less; if not I'll end up paying the $319.99, no big deal.

but i did call wirelessbuy.com.. confirmed you can get a FREE pearl if you sign up for a NEW 2-year contract with the voice+data plan.

damn.. wish i wasnt already on tmo, so i could go for that deal. free always works for me lol

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Call TMO see what deal I could get got a tech instead who told me I could get the Pearl for $379.99, I'd only pay that if I sold my 8700g!

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

With all the problems I am having and still having with my BB 7105t..just got a replacement and the SOB isnt working properly...even RIM said "chuck it" ....I have broken down and bought the pearl....waiting for it via snail mail...I feel so damn guilty..I SAID I wasnt going to buy it until next year.....

I paid $249.00 for it...and I am not happy....bec I am cheapskate....would rather spent that money on a suit.....UUGHHH ! Another adventure is sure to come I am sure !!