I'm having a frustrating problem with my Blackberry Pearl syncing with Outlook 2007 (OS is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bridgetmc no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl DST Problem With Outlook 2007

Advertisement

I'm having a frustrating problem with my Blackberry Pearl syncing with Outlook 2007 (OS is Vista) and wondering if anyone can help. Rim told me the problem would resolve itself on 4/1, but it did not.

When I enter appointments into Outlook, they're coming out an hour behind on the Pearl. I've installed the DST 2007 Patch and it doesn't help. I also installed the MS Outlook patch (on my desktop) but that doesn't help either. I was on the phone with Rim for 45 minutes the other day, changing time zones around on the BB and taking other measures, none of which worked. Cingular has washed their hands of the situation. Microsoft claims that I need to use something other than the BB Desktop software to sync my device, but had no other answers.

Is anyone else dealing with this issue out there? Help!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Blackberry Pearl DST Problem With Outlook 2007

You must use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 Service Pack 1. It's the only one that will work with an OS that is DST2007 compliant or that is certified to work with Vista.

Uninstall the older version before installing the new version.

The EXE you download is a self extracting package. I suggest extracting it to a directory (like BBDM42SP1) and running BlackBerrySetup.exe to install. If you don't, the package's MSI will not be available of you want to modify the installation at a later date.

And don't forget to right click on the EXE and select Run As Administrator when you run the installation (whichever way you do it).
    JerryD