Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have installed almost all software and drivers possible to make BB pearl visible as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

niran77@hotmail no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e74768

Blackberry Pearl does not appear as removable drive

Advertisement

I have installed almost all software and drivers possible to make BB pearl visible as removable drive. i have grown 4 months older trying to solve this issue. if anyone has a way to make it visible, do let me know. i don't want to grow old not knowing how to do this... lol

Gbcue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is there a memory card in it?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you must first enable mass storage mode...granted you won't be able to access the files from your bb...it is much faster when you access it through the removable drive...go to options...media card...make sure it is turned on...below there turn on mass storage mode support...then either select yes or prompt for enable mass storage mode when connected

PIN/ID
    23e74768

everything is there

Quote Originally Posted by Gbcue View Post
    Is there a memory card in it?
    blackberry has everything in place, but it does not show. i have enabled the mass storage device as well...but still no result. its been ages.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Does desktop manager recognize it?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by niran77@hotmail View Post
    blackberry has everything in place, but it does not show. i have enabled the mass storage device as well...but still no result. its been ages.
    So... is there a memory card in there or not? Just take the battery out and give it a look. If you don't have a memory card nothing will show up as a removable drive. I don't think there's any way to get your phone memory to show up that way, it's only available through the device manager.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    It is important that you know Mass Storage mode is only used if you have installed an addon memory card. Did you physically open the phone and insert an SD card to expand your device's memory?

I know in our office we have many drive letters already mapped to network shares, and sometimes windows screws up and doesnt properly assign them to USB devices properly. You may have to go into your disk management options and manually assign a drive letter to the phone. This is also a good place to see if windows at least recognizes the fact that an additional storage drive has been attached. You will have to look up how to do this on your own.

PIN/ID
    23e74768
    It has 2 GB Micro SD by Kingston,
    Mass Storage Mode is On.
    I use blackberry Desktop Software 4.2.2.14

The micro SD is only recognized using a card reader.
    There is no drive letter for Blackberry.
    I use the cable that came along with BB to connect to my pc
    i use windows xp sp2 but does not have automatic update enabled.

i guess that's all...

And by the way gorcorps, i would not ask question but i did not have memory card or mass storage mode enabled or didn't use desktop software. i just wanted you guys give me a little more advanced advice.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you install all the drivers from the CD that came with your BB? maybe its missing a driver?

PIN/ID
    23e74768
    i don't think i found the driver CD in its case. i searched for it but then i didnt find any.

do we have any external link from which we can download the driver for 8100?

let me knoq.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PIN/ID
    23e74768
    thanks, cherri...i hope that solves my problem.

one more question,

i wonder why i am not able to download the new BB scope zen theme. it says it's not available, could you tell why?

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    I notice that If I don't have the roxio media manager software up and running for my pearl I cannot access my media card through windows explorer. It will show the drive but won't open it. Hope it helps~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry, we had to ask if you actually inserted an sd card b/c a lot of people run in here wondering why they cant access their device through windows explorer precisely because of this reason.

Anyway, try connecting your blackberry to someone elses computer and see if theirs picks it up. You shouldnt need desktop manager installed or anything at all, windows will automatically use its own removable storage drivers for it. Just plug it in and in a few moments it should work. Maybe then we can isolate the problem.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Just one other question to ask. In Options/Media Card. From the Menu, did you format the card, then set Auto Enable Mass storage Mode when connected to either "Prompt" or better yet "Yes".

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast