I bought a Pearl 2 months ago and at first all was fine. Until a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Logy no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl Camera Problems

Advertisement

I bought a Pearl 2 months ago and at first all was fine. Until a month ago I started having problems with the camera application. When I run the camera app the screen does not capture the image inmediately, first there is a gray screen for about a minute or so, then the image appears. The image viewed is cut in 2, the lower part of the image is at the top and the top part is at the bottom. I have never dropped my phone nor has it been wet in any way. I did notice that the problem sometimes appeared when new but didn't pay any attention to it. At first I thought it would be a memory problem but all my pics and music are saved on the flash card, the apps running in the back are 5. I recently freed up some memory using the steps in one of your posts. I also tried taking the battery out for 30 secs and nothing. My last hope would be to install the OS or just the camera module. Does anybody have the file net-rim-bb-camera.alx so I can load it up. Maybe it will help. I would really appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks again. Logy

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Blackberry Pearl Camera Problems

If you have tried all that then maybe an OS upgrade would be best. And probably a DM upgrade as well. As far as just getting the cams Alx. Just do a full OS update. keep everything in sync! Good Luck! Welcome to the stacks!

Thanks Delacruzin05, downloading the upgrades for the OS and the DM right now. We'll see how it goes.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

let us know how it works out

I will let you guys know on how it went.

For the first 5 minutes the problem seemed to be fixed. After a while the same old problem. Any suggestions? I loaded de new TMo upgrade.