Hello all, The blackberry works great with Vista x86 and i can use the DM ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mjstinson no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Pearl and Vista

Advertisement

Hello all,

The blackberry works great with Vista x86 and i can use the DM to transfer data.

But it will not work with Vista 64bit yet. Will get an USB error and will not connect to the DM, it says it is disconnected, if anyone has any updated news would appreciate it. I will give updates as i find or get them.

Mel

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Blackberry Pearl and Vista

Is it out yet? I mean I have 64bit and 32bit Vista but those arent original or perfect. There should be coming out a final Vista OS sometime soon. The reason Im saying this is cause I know that other than the final vista, they all have issues and just alot of problems.

mjstinson no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah these are the final versions, DL'd them from Technet. They both work great, only hitches so far are the drivers for hardware, especially the 64bit version, they have to digitally signed or they will not work.

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

whats vista?
    KeVin 4 Sho~

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

window vista?
    KeVin 4 Sho~

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Windows Vista's official release date is 31 January 2007. Until they officially release it, and probably like most of microsoft's products, there will be many fixes, patches, security bugs, etc..
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

JRM1313 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have this exact same problem in windows vista RC1 build 5600 , i can transfer pictures, ringtones, movies, and songs onto my pearl using windows, and the transflash(microSD) card in my pearl. BUT when i use the blackberry software, i get a Dissconected sign, i live in canada, and im using rogers, i called there tech support, and they cant even help me because there support only works for osx and xp, and the guy couldent really help me, at fist they thaught that i set up the software wrong, but after fully uninstalling and re installing the bb software with many different settings I STILL cant transfer the many games, and apps i have collected to put onto my pearl!, is there any fix to this problem? is there another way to transfer applications???

JRM1313 no está en línea Stack level 1

oops. btw im using 64 bit version of vista

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Just like JadedBerry said, it is not out yet and until then, there will be alot of "fixes" I think the problem is with Windows Vista versions you guys are using, since it aint perfect yet. I might be wrong, but I had vista on my computer and the only reason I deleted it, is cause it wasnt fully functional in my opinion.

P.S. Kevin, yes its windows vista

poolshark49 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have windows vista and it works fine
    i dont know what you are talking about

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by poolshark49
    i have windows vista and it works fine
    i dont know what you are talking about
    I can say that whoever has a vista windows out here, they all might end up having totally different ones. There are so many different vistas out there and some of them do work some dont. I'm not saying that the problem is with vista, but there's a good chance.

Hey man, I hope you get it worked out with your vista. Sorry I cant be much of a help lol

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Just an FYI for y'all...

Microsoft BETA testers of Windows Vista can all tell you this, since I'm dating one, y'all get the skinny from me...

There are currently 5 different Vista's(including the real thing that's been distributed to the computer manufacturers) floating around out there. Until the official launch of the final product at the end of the month, NO ONE will have a <b>fully</b> functional operation system. PERIOD. I've seen the following 4 in action:

Vista RC1
    Vista RC2
    Vista x84
    Vista x64

Some of the hardware manufacturers DO have drivers for the 64-bit version of Vista, you can start to look for them now and be prepared for when Vista comes out. However, as I said in another post already, most of the manufacturers will not release 64-bit drivers until the final product is officially released because there are so many perverted and pirated versions of Vista out there, they don't want to field those questions of "why doesn't my driver work with Vista RC(#)?? "

Have a great day y'all
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

I have the same problem with x64 Windows XP. DM will not see the phone on a 64 bit system yet. Come on RIM, make us some drivers!